Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI: Policy, Transition training, and Qualification CoF for RDS pistols

Site Supporter

RFI: Policy, Transition training, and Qualification CoF for RDS pistols

Hello all,

My department admin has expressed a very enthusiastic interest in converting from iron sighted, 9mm Glock pistols to RDS equipped, 9mm Glock pistols tomorrow. I am seeking information on all of the policies, transition training lesson plans, and qualification CoF. I would also like to hear of any issues with open vs closed emitter or issues with specific makes of RDS. I suspect that we will be obtaining either Holosun or Aimpoint RDS. Please PM me and I will supply a departmental email.

We would like to move on this sooner vs later so I would be eternally grateful for any information.

Thanks in advance!
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

I'm not LE and dont know the in's and out's of what your looking for. Im sure other department trainers will be along with more advice and resources.

I believe the most comprehensive document thats publically available is Aaron Cowan's white paper. It's updated with regularity and gives a pretty comprehensive look at the topic. It's available on his homepage. https://www.sagedynamics.org/
    According to Aaron's website bio, over 300 departments have used the paper to justify adopting red dots.

I sent you a PM.

Site Supporter
    Thanks to all thus far! PMs have been sent.

I have been trying to do the same thing and have been met with a brick administrative wall of NO..

Site Supporter
    PM out to you.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethang View Post
    I have been trying to do the same thing and have been met with a brick administrative wall of NO..
    My Admin is the entity pushing the issue. Most officers have some interest. There are a few who are “all in” but I don’t know of any who are opposed. Most are interested in trying demo guns to see what PMO is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    My Admin is the entity pushing the issue. Most officers have some interest. There are a few who are “all in” but I don’t know of any who are opposed. Most are interested in trying demo guns to see what PMO is all about.
    Are you guys buying all MOS guns and letting those that want the red dots have them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I think you’d do well to contact GLOCK in Smyrna, GA, directly, and asked to be linked to one of their field representatives. From all I’ve heard, they are pretty responsive with T&E guns. On the sights, see @Wayne Dobbs for info on the outstanding ACRO(yeah, I’m a fan).
    You are going to have to factor in some transition training- it’s critical IMO.
    Briefly, if an officer wants to get into the dot, they should receive some instruction and qual with their new gear at a minimum. Sights should be installed by someone who knows what they’re doing and cares about it; @SoCalDep should be listened to.
    In my little AO, the quality sights are running pretty good. It’s the mounting one needs to pay attention to.
    Best of luck- it’s worth it…

I thought that instead of making a very similar topic, I would just bump this to the top. We are going to RMR's on top of G17's from our current stock G22's next year. I am being tasked with working on an 8 hour transition class. I would really appreciate anybody that could send me a POI or outline if they have one already made up.

User Tag List