Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I thought once Foley got the axe that the leadership would improve, but that doesn't appear to be so.
    C’mon man, really?

Most culturally poisoned organizations aren’t so because of one person (Foley), it’s a systemic issue almost always.

Change takes time. To think that it would immediately do an about face, is naive and suggests that disproportionate scapegoating was placed on Foley.

My support:

Local USPSA club leadership - these guys do tremendous work
    USPSA as an organization - they help the clubs

Ben is Ben.

Why doesnt he work with USPSA to fix it? Why didnt he run for president?

"Criticism is necessary and useful; it is often indispensable; but it can never take the place of action, or be even a poor substitute for it. The function of the mere critic is of very subordinate usefulness. It is the doer of deeds who actually counts in the battle for life, and not the man who looks on and says how the fight ought to be fought, without himself sharing the stress and the danger." (1894) T.R.

I'm many years out from knowing all the latest issues with the USPSA, I'm looking forward to reading the opinions of PF members who ARE much more qualified to speak on this.
    Don’t just sit there – do something short sighted and stupid!

I would go so far as to say that this is the result that Stoeger wanted and expected.

USPSA is a “corporation.”

Doesn’t matter who they “serve,” a corporation primarily looks out for its own self interests, unfortunately.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    C’mon man, really?

Most culturally poisoned organizations aren’t so because of one person (Foley), it’s a systemic issue almost always.

Change takes time. To think that it would immediately do an about face, is naive and suggests that disproportionate scapegoating was placed on Foley.
    Fair enough.

Foley was just a symptom of a greater issue in play.

Certainly Ben hasn't been a super active competitor despite being one of the better shooters in the game so I'm sure it's probably not gonna change what he does or how popular he is.

To your point...this may actually amplify his voice and prove the points he makes.

Ben doesn't need to get involved or run for president or whatever...you can point out the failures and hypocrisy in others for it's own sake. Most members probably wouldn't even give that much of a shit.

....Unless he gets banned for saying it.

Then there's questions about whether some truth to what he says.

If you just leave him alone and don't engage, he's some guy bitching and moaning. People do that.

But yeah go ahead and attempt to silence him.

I'm sure that's possibly the biggest way to ensure he will continue to be a pain in the ass for the USPSA BOD for years to come.

This was a really bad move for them.

I won't be a part of any organization that has such sensitive and butt hurt leadership. If you're the boss, you've got to have some thick skin. Can't be a good leader if you're always crying about the unfairness of the criticism that you gotta eat.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    My support:

Local USPSA club leadership - these guys do tremendous work
    USPSA as an organization - they help the clubs

Ben is Ben.

Why doesnt he work with USPSA to fix it? Why didnt he run for president?

"Criticism is necessary and useful; it is often indispensable; but it can never take the place of action, or be even a poor substitute for it. The function of the mere critic is of very subordinate usefulness. It is the doer of deeds who actually counts in the battle for life, and not the man who looks on and says how the fight ought to be fought, without himself sharing the stress and the danger." (1894) T.R.

I'm many years out from knowing all the latest issues with the USPSA, I'm looking forward to reading the opinions of PF members who ARE much more qualified to speak on this.
    Ben did try to work with USPSA to try to fix the issue…as much as a single member can. At the end of the day, Ben is just a single member just like the rest of us. Dude’s got a podcast, so within that role he brings light to the goings on within the org. He’s not a board member. He’s not the President. The board heard his opinions and thoughts and basically told him to go pound sand.

As wonderful a competitor as Ben is, he isn’t President material and be knows it. He doesn’t want the job nor does he think he’d be all that good for it. Would he do better than Foley? Absolutely. But being better than Foley isn’t exactly a high bar to get over…

Ben’s doing exactly what he should be doing. Being a supremely good competitor, an excellent instructor, and someone who talks about competition related topics on his podcast.

@RJ the podcast before that may be better to understand the problems. It's also got some great advice on diagnosing vision issues from the 3rd person view.

If you instagram, @practical.shooting.insights

Sounds like the NRA.

I left USPSA due to life circumstances, while I’ll be returning to matches and competitions soon enough, I won’t be a card carrying member. It’s sad all these 2A organizations get to be so poisonous and political… people I guess.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Lots of cringe ass behavior from the BOD in that there account.

Diet stalking sure doesn't seem like a good look for the Director of Media Events for USPSA...

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Lots of cringe ass behavior from the BOD in that there account.

Diet stalking sure doesn't seem like a good look for the Director of Media Events for USPSA...

I expect that this is what's going to happen, both parties trying to prove that their opponent crossed the line, doxxing and stuff. That's what various social media posts indicate. Ben, in my observations, is a very intelligent dude so hopefully he did better than that.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List