Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

I just had a chuckle. I just now got my USPSA newsletter email and The Ben Stoeger Pro Shop is a preferred vendor. Cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    There was a 3-gun match director that proposed creating a pistol sport using 3-gun timing. Targets are either neutralized or not. I've seen a few variation of this, (one A hit, or any two hits to neutralize, another one A hit or two hits with one of the two being C or higher, etc...), but that intrigues me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    That was the Paladin scoring system promoted by rick miller back when I had hair..........CYA Mike
    And we are, including Rick, still doing this every Sunday. And he still mostly shoots one of his LWCs (backed off to 200gn, he is eighty now..), so we still power factor (9mm needs an A or three that are not). It really is (IMO) a pretty good way to score, though we are doing more and more steel these days to speed up our practice.

And I have been doing three gun and doing the one A or two anywhere scoring, and IMO that works well also. At the club I shoot at they also mix in plenty of small KDs to make sure you can hit small if you need to.

From the appearance of what's presented in this "tubecast" the other Ben may be next. No way am I renewing if this is even half accurate. Hope he wins his election and can make some headway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJsWWVIqoLA

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    From the appearance of what's presented in this "tubecast" the other Ben may be next. No way am I renewing if this is even half accurate. Hope he wins his election and can make some headway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJsWWVIqoLA
    Ben B’s not into histrionics or rumors. Outside the personal crap-flinging, there is plenty of documentation out there for
    - club-level classifier match cheating being met with no actual punishment
    - board members taking manufacturer freebies
    - board members playing Facebook attorney with the worst legal advice possible
    - fiscal transparency issues
    - high-level corporate leadership selling nearly $20K in T&E guns

Add in the Board neutering the president position and appointing A6’s business partner, who hasn’t shot in a decade, as the “Managing Director” with all the old presidential duties, and you have an org that’s not worth the 40 bucks.

It’s just not worth paying these peoples’ salaries knowing the vast majority of voting members get their info direct from the Board or its sanctioned mouthpieces (GFDS, Humble Marksman), so they’ll never vote beyond “the dude I know.”

Too many other options. Try to get Master in Precision Pistol, get CMP distinguished, shoot some outlaw matches or IDPA, take a couple seasons to work on target-focused shotgunning, try Max’s new league if it’s near you, try PRS/NRL… life’s too short.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Ben B’s not into histrionics or rumors. Outside the personal crap-flinging, there is plenty of documentation out there for

Add in the Board neutering the president position and appointing A6’s business partner, who hasn’t shot in a decade, as the “Managing Director” with all the old presidential duties, and you have an org that’s not worth the 40 bucks.

It’s just not worth paying these peoples’ salaries knowing the vast majority of voting members get their info direct from the Board or its sanctioned mouthpieces (GFDS, Humble Marksman), so they’ll never vote beyond “the dude I know.”

Too many other options. Try to get Master in Precision Pistol, get CMP distinguished, shoot some outlaw matches or IDPA, take a couple seasons to work on target-focused shotgunning, try Max’s new league if it’s near you, try PRS/NRL… life’s too short.
    Yea my membership has been lapsed for awhile now. It went out about when covid hit. I've been thinking on renewing but I'm going to wait. I'll shoot locals and call it good. I've also jumped into GSSF and got kinda interested in that to tide me over. Sucks because I think USPSA provides a huge service to the shooting industry in general, but the BOD's running it like their own little fiefdom just kills the urge for me. I am kind of proud that my AD isn't part of the cabal though.

Around me, club level matches are still going strong with good turn out despite the primer shortage. I’m also seeing a steady influx of new shooters. Nobody seems to care about the HQ drama. Most folks just wanna shoot and play games with their guns. USPSA provides the clubs with that basic format, albeit it on the backs of the local MDs and clubs to do the heavy lifting to put the match on.

Most of the online chatter I see about USPSA seems more about people lobbying for slide mounted red dot SAO guns to be allowed in Carry Optics or have their own division. Or people losing their minds over the fact that a Canik shooting minor won Limited this year…

I have to admit tho, I am shooting NRL22 and PRS more these days. But still hitting at least 2 USPSA matches a month (instead of 4).

How is Humblemarksmen a mouthpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    How is Humblemarksmen a mouthpiece?
    He’s been doing interviews with BOD members and (back when elections were running) presidential candidates, which of course, all involved were also promoting on their socials.

Recently, he’s started affirmatively covering for them.

He deleted or hid comments on his most recent videos discussing the BOD issues, stating—in his position—that no organization is perfect and the recent bans were “deserved.”

I know for a fact he (Humble/David) hid my comment and others. David was asked what Derek (practical shooting insights) did to deserve his ban, and I responded with the list of things Derek brought to light with documentation (the same list in the comment to which you replied).

Derek and the other folks were watching that comment thread (and all know me on non-YouTube social media), and they said my comment lasted a whopping minute before being banished to the shadow realm. Sent me screenshots and everything. David was hiding or deleting any comment referencing specific issues with the BOD, because I watched other comments disappear when refreshing the video.

Baseless speculation:

My schizo-lifter-brain conspiracy theory is he wants to be first in line for a certain media job if the incumbent gets fired (or charged criminally) for selling $20K worth of T&E guns on an internet forum… but I have absolutely nothing to back that theory up besides (1) it makes sense and (2) the little birdies I see when I’m blacking out deadlifting whisper it in my ears.
    Last edited by JRV; 11-08-2022 at 03:38 PM.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    Around me, club level matches are still going strong with good turn out despite the primer shortage. I’m also seeing a steady influx of new shooters. Nobody seems to care about the HQ drama. Most folks just wanna shoot and play games with their guns. USPSA provides the clubs with that basic format, albeit it on the backs of the local MDs and clubs to do the heavy lifting to put the match on.
    This is where I’m at. I like the sport, I like my local clubs.

I’m kind of all out of outrage in 2022. Just want to play with guns with my buddies.

He’s been doing interviews with BOD members and (back when elections were running) presidential candidates, which of course, all involved were also promoting on their socials.

Recently, he’s started affirmatively covering for them.

He deleted or hid comments on his most recent videos discussing the BOD issues, stating—in his position—that no organization is perfect and the recent bans were “deserved.”

I know for a fact he (Humble/David) hid my comment and others. David was asked what Derek (practical shooting insights) did to deserve his ban, and I responded with the list of things Derek brought to light with documentation (the same list in the comment to which you replied).

Derek and the other folks were watching that comment thread (and all know me on non-YouTube social media), and they said my comment lasted a whopping minute before being banished to the shadow realm. Sent me screenshots and everything. David was hiding or deleting any comment referencing specific issues with the BOD, because I watched other comments disappear when refreshing the video.

Baseless speculation:

My schizo-lifter-brain conspiracy theory is he wants to be first in line for a certain media job if the incumbent gets fired (or charged criminally) for selling $20K worth of T&E guns on an internet forum… but I have absolutely nothing to back that theory up besides (1) it makes sense and (2) the little birdies I see when I’m blacking out deadlifting whisper it in my ears.
    I saw the original comments. Maybe he just took them down because he doesn’t want his comment section to turn into a drama fest? He’s not uspsa or a govt entity so he can do what he wants with his comment section (that’s how I view it).

I’m of the mindset that uspsa is the best thing going in the shooting sport even if it is corrupt. I like Ben Berry approach of changing it internally.

I thought humblemarksman has been a voice of reason. He has been critical of uspsa in some of his podcasts. But I don’t think he’s alone in his views on the suspensions. Stoeger and insights deserved it. I’m personally so tired of Ben’s drama I am withdrawing from his class I was signed up for.

I say all that and still think uspsa has some pretty serious issues with its leadership. But I don’t think doxxing them and trying to destroy the BODs lives is the approach to take.

User Tag List