Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

I don’t think Stoeger has loved USPSA for a while now.

He shot two USPSA matches in the past year.

He has shot a number of IPSC events overseas, however.

I don’t think the suspension was particularly unexpected for him.

Stoeger is currently banned from Pistol-Forum, I’m still renewing my membership here.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'll have to get familiar with the complaint the led to Mr. Stoeger's suspension by the board...is there anything specific, which would elaborate on the cited "activity bringing discredit to the corporation"?

I'm scheduled to renew in September. I haven't shot a match since last October due to:reasons. The ongoing shenanigans described online do bother me a bit though, but other than my vote, I have zero impact on anything.

What alternatives are there? For me, in the greater Sarasota area, not much. There's a local outlaw indoor match weekly on Monday's I was going to start, to knock the rust off. I can get to matches in Ruskin FL, but these are/were USPSA. Frostproof is probably a 90 minute drive one way, a hefty time and gas investment for 140 rounds of shooting in six hours of a match. Maybe I will see what IDPA is like, and compare. Or go find another Steel Challenge match; the one I shot a few years ago was a lot of fun.

Guess I'll wait and see how this shakes out before paying for another year of membership.
    Ben was an active and loud voice on the topics mentioned in my post. He has been a longstanding and loud critic of the Board since the Foley-era fiascos, Cowdengate, etc. and has only raised more targeted criticism in the past year.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Ben was an active and loud voice on the topics mentioned in my post. He has been a longstanding and loud critic of the Board since the Foley-era fiascos, Cowdengate, etc. and has only raised more targeted criticism in the past year.
    Ok thanks.

It seems to me hard to believe that honest and open criticism would be taken as "bringing discredit to the corporation"? That is a real head scratcher for me.

I'd like to see the BoD issue a statement defining what exactly caused them to take this action against Mr. Stoeger. I logged on to the members area, and all I can see that might be related is this posted 7/12, the Agenda for the 7/26/22 BOD meeting. It cryptically includes an item 5, "Member Discipline":

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 2415
Size:  27.0 KB

I went on the BS YT channel and watched a short segment of Practical Shooting After Dark, Episode 197, but aside from a casual reference to a notice he received "3 days ago" I didn't hear anything specific (I might have missed it.)

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Stoeger is currently banned from Pistol-Forum, I’m still renewing my membership here.
    Pistol-Forum.com isn't a multi-million dollar non-profit paying six-figure salaries to (documented) mendacious buffoons. It's also not the means by which a national/international competitor can secure high-profile victories and team placements to market a training business and books. It's just an online discussion forum, and Ben has always been notoriously bad at being civil online.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Ok thanks.

It seems to me hard to believe that honest and open criticism would be taken as "bringing discredit to the corporation"? That is a real head scratcher for me.

I'd like to see the BoD issue a statement defining what exactly caused them to take this action against Mr. Stoeger. I logged on to the members area, and all I can see that might be related is this posted 7/12, the Agenda for the 7/26/22 BOD meeting. It cryptically includes an item 5, "Member Discipline":

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 2415
Size:  27.0 KB
    The Board went into "executive session" before voting unanimously on the indefinite suspensions of several members, including Ben and the owner of the Practical Shooting Insights social media accounts. So, there is and will be zero public record for the membership to review what the Board considered before the vote.

The similarities between two situations are:

1. Both were / are mistakes. That said, I can see how TLG had to make that choice but not USPSA.
    2. I can choose to participate in core activities of both entities without paying a penny to either. So far I've chosen not to do so but my position may change depending on their conduct.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

The bylaws say that the term (length) of the suspension must be identified in the suspension. I wonder if "indefinite" is a valid identification in this context?

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    The Board went into "executive session" before voting unanimously on the indefinite suspensions of several members, including Ben and the owner of the Practical Shooting Insights social media accounts. So, there is and will be zero public record for the membership to review what the Board considered before the vote.
    Ah, ok, I guess I can see that. Sort of like in corporate; HR decisions are not shared to Gen Pop after someone is terminated.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

2. I can choose to participate in core activities of both entities without paying a penny to either. So far I've chosen not to do so but my position may change depending on their conduct.
    Well, well, well. I didn't know that. So basically I can shoot a match as a non-member and just carry on as usual? Good to know.

Well, well, well. I didn't know that. So basically I can shoot a match as a non-member and just carry on as usual? Good to know.
    Local matches yes, but your classifiers won't count. I don't think you can shoot level III matches.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    I don’t think Stoeger has loved USPSA for a while now.

He shot two USPSA matches in the past year.

He has shot a number of IPSC events overseas, however.

I don’t think the suspension was particularly unexpected for him.

The difference being the leadership of PF isn't a group of tone deaf snowflakes.

It appears Stoeger was banned from USPSA for revealing the inner workings of the org and how they came to the bright idea of holding nationals in a state that bans high cap magazines and not really having any legal counsel on whether they'd get a ton of their members arrested.

He was banned from PF for trolling.

I won't be renewing my USPSA membership it appears. Not because Ben got the Banhammer (which yes, happens frequently) but because of the stuff he has brought to light about USPSA as an organization.

I thought once Foley got the axe that the leadership would improve, but that doesn't appear to be so.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

User Tag List