Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Uspsa board is corrupt or the members are corrupt?
    Both are. That's actually pretty obvious from the overwhelming evidence and actions of parties in question.

I’m sure there are cheaters. But it’s isolated to individuals or a single club. I don’t believe it’s rampant enough that it’s ruined the classifier scores.
    We have different stances on this. I'm pretty much firmly in the camp that the whole thing is tainted by association at this stage.

BUT if you think it isn't tainted, then I implore you to push for change. Because otherwise things won't get better, they're only getting worse.

___

Anyways, I think I'm about played out on this situation.

In my opinion, USPSA BOD have acted incongruously to their responsibilities as Board members of the USPSA. Their recent actions of choosing to ban Ben Stoeger, Derek, and a host of other folks is an effort to deflect from their guilt. Guilt with respect to violations of Federal laws and guilt related to their abdication of fiduciary responsibility to the org.

The current membership of the board is culpable in these issues, up to and including YML. Continued employment of Martens, continued lack of transparency with regards to A8 financials, at this stage the USPSA appears to be only slightly less corrupt than the NRA.

My personal view is that the evidence is overwhelming and damning. I, personally, support nuking the entire org from orbit. But I'll admit to being prone to a more extreme view than others. It has just been my experience that if you see two cockroaches, you need to act decisively and vehemently to kill a colony. At this point, my view is that basically the entire USPSA BOD and USPSA Employees are cockroaches in need of decisive, vehement, action to eliminate them.

My stance going forward is: That as of last week, I actively encourage folks to not continue to financially support USPSA through membership, without simultaneously acting to improve your Association by calling for the complete resignation of the board. I recommend you do this loudly and OFTEN. And if you really care as much as you claim to care, nut up and run for board positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think he cares about the wellbeing of USPSA as a sport.
    I would pretty strongly disagree with that assessment

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I would pretty strongly disagree with that assessment
    Do you have anything to base this of?

I don't personally know Ben or anything but I have heard him talk on a few occasions about his wishes for the betterment of the sport and how to better help the new comers to the sport.

I get he has angst with the Bod and such but he obviously seem to care about the sport and peoples participation in it.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Do you have anything to base this of?

I don't personally know Ben or anything but I have heard him talk on a few occasions about his wishes for the betterment of the sport and how to better help the new comers to the sport.

I get he has angst with the Bod and such but he obviously seem to care about the sport and peoples participation in it.
    I do know Ben personally. For quite some time, actually. I don’t think he cares about the sport in any way beyond it as a mechanism to keep him relevant and employed. If he woke up tomorrow morning and thought that winning IDPA matches was a better way to stay relevant and get people to sign up for classes he’d go do that.

I do know Ben personally. For quite some time, actually. I don’t think he cares about the sport in any way beyond it as a mechanism to keep him relevant and employed. If he woke up tomorrow morning and thought that winning IDPA matches was a better way to stay relevant and get people to sign up for classes he’d go do that.
    I hear what you're saying. Based on my limited interactions with Ben, I don't agree.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I hear what you're saying. Based on my limited interactions with Ben, I don't agree.
    I wonder if some of the dichotomy comes from his dislike of USPSA versus love of IPSC worldwide.

But you can’t shit on the mother-in-law and not expect it to affect your relationship with the wife.

Even if you don’t like the mother-in-law, you’re not going to get anywhere by scorched earth campaigns.

There seemed to be a fundamental disconnect regarding the perception of who needed whom more.

I’d personally love Stoeger to tackle IDPA and make it a better sport, hopefully with a little more professionalism and tact, because I don’t see Joyce putting up with many shenanigans.

I do know Ben personally. For quite some time, actually. I don’t think he cares about the sport in any way beyond it as a mechanism to keep him relevant and employed.
    His ability to stay relevant and employed under the status quo didn't seem any different than that of, say, JJ, Max M, and other dudes of his level and generation. Yet I haven't heard either of them or, frankly, near majority of the pros say anything about legitimately bullshit things that have happened. I don't disagree with you on the relevance and cash flow aspects. At the same time, I think he is a bit different person from those who are content to keep collecting and saying nothing about anything, right or wrong, as long as they get paid.
    This is just my observation based on spending about a week, in total, in his classes.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I appreciate your disagreement.

I’m a late participant in this thread, and I’ll leave after this. But I think this entire thread can be summed with a quote from Band of Brothers: “Fighting over Sobel? That’s smart”

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I wonder if some of the dichotomy comes from his dislike of USPSA versus love of IPSC worldwide.

But you can’t shit on the mother-in-law and not expect it to affect your relationship with the wife.

Even if you don’t like the mother-in-law, you’re not going to get anywhere by scorched earth campaigns.

There seemed to be a fundamental disconnect regarding the perception of who needed whom more.

I’d personally love Stoeger to tackle IDPA and make it a better sport, hopefully with a little more professionalism and tact, because I don’t see Joyce putting up with many shenanigans.
    JCN preaching tact, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria! End of times!

😁
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    JCN preaching tact, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria! End of times!

😁
    Hey, I have been married for 21 years and I learned a thing or two about tolerating mother in laws!

After not tolerating mother in laws, hahaha.

User Tag List