Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Stoeger got terminated, presumably on a technicality of not filing the appeal of his suspension according to the bylaws. The only thing I am mildly curious about is if he and his fan base have enough motivation and resources to start an alternative sport.
    That’s pretty chickenshit.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That’s literally the state of USPSA right now. Unless something drastic happens with changes in the org, then I’m letting my membership run out and jumping over to IDPA. USPSA/IPSC may be superior in my eyes, but I’ll be damned if I’ll continue to fund their bullshit while also blatantly state that the voice of the membership means dick. Besides, maybe a change of pace will be good for me.

Yep. I’ve been pretty disgusted w the Board. After 29 years I decided to let my membership expire.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

We can see a step farther.

They granted Practical Shooting Insights a hearing. A hearing - he did not formally request - and they notified him via email.

So, if BOD wants to hang their hat on Stoeger not "following the rules for requesting a hearing"...that is a pretty weaksauce argument. Since they don't follow their own rules...

Since part of Stoeger's reputation as an instructor is built on him being a National Champion and a high-level competition shooter - USPSA banning him without process or justification could allow him to bring some type of defamation suit. IANAL - so I don't know how that could be justified. But a USPSA ban is also a ban for Stoeger from IPSC competition on a global scale. Because USPSA is the US IPSC representative organization.

So, there is a fairly compelling argument that banning Ben Stoeger from the sport, for unclear reasons, causes him personal damage.

Name:  45AF641A-C264-43BD-8758-F62A9F80B47E.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  32.4 KB

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cho8h4hO...d=MDE2OWE1N2Q=

This was the letter. He just doubled down on the position and posture that got him suspended in the first place.

What did he think was going to happen?

Regardless of if they deserved it, he is amplifying “discredit” to the organization.

If this was military or any other corporation, how would this go down if he was a member?

I just don’t understand what he thought the outcome of this letter would be, even if they granted him an interview.

I AM NOT SAYING USPSA IS JUSTIFIED OR CORRECT.

I AM SAYING THAT THIS OUTCOME WAS INEVITABLE GIVEN THE PERSONALITIES OF EVERYONE INVOLVED.
    Last edited by JCN; 09-25-2022 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Name:  45AF641A-C264-43BD-8758-F62A9F80B47E.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  32.4 KB

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cho8h4hO...d=MDE2OWE1N2Q=

This was the letter. He just doubled down on the position and posture that got him suspended in the first place.

What did he think was going to happen?

Regardless of if they deserved it, he is amplifying “discredit” to the organization.

If this was military or any other corporation, how would this go down if he was a member?

I just don’t understand what he thought the outcome of this letter would be, even if they granted him an interview.

I AM NOT SAYING USPSA IS JUSTIFIED OR CORRECT.

I AM SAYING THAT THIS OUTCOME WAS INEVITABLE GIVEN THE PERSONALITIES OF EVERYONE INVOLVED.
    You’re making sense, what did he think was going to happen? Perhaps he has a plan he hasn’t revealed yet? I doubt it, but maybe…
    #RESIST

The only thing I am mildly curious about is if he and his fan base have enough motivation and resources to start an alternative sport.
    Well, Bill Wilson and some cronies did.
    Wouldn't it be neat to have three sanctioning organizations?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I don't think he had any plans to get reinstated by making peace with current BOD. The way I understand his actions is that he attempted to bring about the change in the organization by continuously exposing BOD's and adjacent personalities' incompetence and corruption. Too bad that he didn't understand that all-out war on public media was not the way to achieve any of those goals. Having interacted with him personally, I always held him as a quite intelligent dude. At this point I don't know if his smarts betrayed him on how to go about this or he was simply shooting for a nuclear exit like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Well, Bill Wilson and some cronies did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Wouldn't it be neat to have three sanctioning organizations?

I just looked into IDPA equipment rules again and said to hell with it. I wouldn't mind trying IPSC under IPSC rules but USPSA is IPSC here.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I just looked into IDPA equipment rules again and said to hell with it. I wouldn't mind trying IPSC under IPSC rules but USPSA is IPSC here.[/FONT]
    It’s not the equipment rules that keep me away from IDPA, it’s time-plus scoring.

Hit Factor scoring is my most basic requirement for practical pistol shooting competitions.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It’s not the equipment rules that keep me away from IDPA, it’s time-plus scoring.

Hit Factor scoring is my most basic requirement for practical pistol shooting competitions.
    For me it's not the time plus scoring, per say, it's the extreme penalty for points down that IDPA is applying. It was far fetched when it was 1/2 second per point. 1 second per point is ludicrous, and completely negates any "practicality" to the sport. I'd be down with a .20 second per point rule, which essentially makes everything a 5 hit factor if my math-prior-to-second-cup-coffee computes correctly.

I remember when Joyce Wilson was justifying the move to 1 second down, her reasoning was we have to be accountable each shot fired. My response was why isn't there a penalty for completely missing the target, so long as the shot is made up? That miss is far more dangerous than hitting an intended target in the "down 3" region.

There was a 3-gun match director that proposed creating a pistol sport using 3-gun timing. Targets are either neutralized or not. I've seen a few variation of this, (one A hit, or any two hits to neutralize, another one A hit or two hits with one of the two being C or higher, etc...), but that intrigues me.

YMMV.

User Tag List