Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Presidential Election 2023

USPSA Presidential Election 2023

USPSA released podcast interviews with the six Presidential candidates for the office of the USPSA President. I found them on the USPSA Podcast channel, not sure if they are posted anywhere else. The facilitator (Jake) is basically asking each candidate the standard election questions on the USPSA website, but you can hear them talk about it in person on the podcast.

Candidates are:

Dexter Lopez
    Steve Wright
    Steve Moneypenny
    Ray Hirst
    Luigi Li
    Todd Jarret

@ECK what do you make of Yee-Min still being listed as a candidate?

https://uspsa.org/elections/candidat...3-presidential

From listening to them talk, I’m leaning Moneypenny or Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

I’m not sure what to think. It could be that USPSA hasn’t gotten around to removing him from the list of candidates on the website. But it is telling that they only posted the interviews of the other six candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

He's technically eligible to run, but if elected, he would have to petition the board to reinstate him as an RO before January 1, 2024. This is the same board that just refused to reduce the level of discipline. So it's unclear why they would reinstate him early.

If they don't reinstate him, then he's considered to have resigned January 1st, and another special election for President would be triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
    He's technically eligible to run, but if elected, he would have to petition the board to reinstate him as an RO before January 1, 2024. This is the same board that just refused to reduce the level of discipline. So it's unclear why they would reinstate him early.

If they don't reinstate him, then he's considered to have resigned January 1st, and another special election for President would be triggered.
    Although per the blurb, Yee Min refused to do sensitivity training which would have reduced his level of discipline so at least there was an offer on the table.

Well, history is written by the victors. The new President also labelled his removal as a "resignation". What they said was

The Board offered to reduce his discipline to Level 3 and allow him to retain his RO certification if he agreed to accept responsibility for his behavior and complete mandatory re-education as required under the RO DisciplineProcedure.
    From what I have heard through the grapevine, the conditions were deliberately more onerous than just having to take the RO class again, particularly the form that "accept responsibility" would take. I would view that official statement skeptically.

I’m voting for Luigi Li. From his statement, and hearing him speak, he has good financial judgment and experience, and will focus on making USPSA transparent and representative of its members.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m voting for Luigi Li. From his statement, and hearing him speak, he has good financial judgment and experience, and will focus on making USPSA transparent and representative of its members.
    And, if he’s elected, hopefully he’ll be smart enough to stay well within the rules in every way, and watch his back because some BoD members will be looking for an excuse.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

YML is the only option in my opinion. Voting for anyone else is accepting what happened before.

User Tag List