Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    At the time, the only thing I'd ever joined(besides the Army), was the United States Fencing Association...
    We went round and round a few times(he didn't know what fencing was, the ignorant wretch) before he dropped it.
    Apparently my mild amusement at the question changed my breathing.
    Whatever.
    Vinyl division, or barbed wire? 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    What the actual fuck?
    Yes thats an interesting level of 'wait, what?'

I did corporate finance for 20+ years. Never heard of any board that would think its members would submit to such.

All folks who are dues paying members of USPSA should write to the board and their AD about your disproval of their efforts to engage in this type of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    All folks who are dues paying members of USPSA should write to the board and their AD about your disproval of their efforts to engage in this type of behavior.
    How does it impact the average dues paying member? It just seems like inside the dugout stupid that every org has. Its fun to watch the train wreck but, how does it affect Bob the Class C shooter?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    How does it impact the average dues paying member? It just seems like inside the dugout stupid that every org has. Its fun to watch the train wreck but, how does it affect Bob the Class C shooter?
    Well, let's see:

Under this BOD - the average member has had their organizational money spent down to nearly nothing.

The BOD has banned members for saying anything negative about them.

They have sponsored and attempted to get members to violate state laws at Cameo.

The DRNOI has publicly berated volunteers at matches.

The director of marketing has taken guns and ammo given to him to review in his capacity and sold them illegally, pocketing the cash. Thereby making the org intrinsically less lawful.

They are currently being sued by a banned member and spending membership dollars on their legal defense.

They have nearly doubled dues without justification.

They have nearly doubled spending without justification.

They have cut Team USA spending. Meanwhile, they created a "Senior Team" which just so happens to have two, mediocre, board members on it. So they can use your money to travel to matches.

They have canceled Level 2 matches with local clubs, because a member or two of those clubs said something mean about them on the internet.

But hey if you want your membership dues to go to paying legal defenses and allowing a few individuals to have unfettered access to the money and use it as their personal travel/slush fund, that's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    They have sponsored and attempted to get members to violate state laws at Cameo.

The director of marketing has taken guns and ammo given to him to review in his capacity and sold them illegally, pocketing the cash. Thereby making the org intrinsically less lawful.
    Two notes on these two items specifically: of all the things that have happened the Cameo one is by far the worst. That was an actual crimes-crime, and could have potentially landed members in jail, regardless of what the sheriff of the local area said.

The second thing - there's nothing inherently illegal about selling review guns, provided everything is handled above board. If it's intentionally done for personal gain or profit, then sure the ATF could have something to call you about. However, lots professional gun writers will pay writer's price for a gun, keep it for like 18 months, then be all "wait I need to pay for a car payment or something, lets liquidate this Canik or whatever"

Well, let's see:

Under this BOD - the average member has had their organizational money spent down to nearly nothing.
    -having money or not impacts the average shooter?

The BOD has banned members for saying anything negative about them.
    -As I said, inside the dugout stupid. I've seen a lot of stupid like that even in church groups.

-That is a real issue. IDPA tried the same thing.

The DRNOI has publicly berated volunteers at matches.
    -Thats a personal issue and getting punched in the mouth will solve it.

-Here you go. Agree completely.

They are currently being sued by a banned member and spending membership dollars on their legal defense.
    -Yes, its stupid. Meh.

They have nearly doubled dues without justification.
    -Yes, like every other thing.

They have nearly doubled spending without justification.
    -See above.

They have cut Team USA spending.
    -That means less than nothing to your average shooter.

Meanwhile, they created a "Senior Team" which just so happens to have two, mediocre, board members on it. So they can use your money to travel to matches.
    -Spending my money anyway.

They have canceled Level 2 matches with local clubs, because a member or two of those clubs said something mean about them on the internet.
    -Yes that is indeed stupid.

But hey if you want your membership dues to go to paying legal defenses and allowing a few individuals to have unfettered access to the money and use it as their personal travel/slush fund, that's up to you.
    -My membership fee will be spent on something stupid regardless.

Once you move past the rules and the cost for the website maintenance everything else is a waste of member money.

Personally for my money, keep the board updated for matches and match results, check the rules every five years for tech changes, and bin everything else.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 10-30-2023 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The second thing - there's nothing inherently illegal about selling review guns, provided everything is handled above board. If it's intentionally done for personal gain or profit, then sure the ATF could have something to call you about. However, lots professional gun writers will pay writer's price for a gun, keep it for like 18 months, then be all "wait I need to pay for a car payment or something, lets liquidate this Canik or whatever"
    The issue is that the guns in question were provided to USPSA (and therefore USPSA property), but they were sold by an employee personally and the proceeds were not returned to the organization. If it was just a USPSA employee selling guns for USPSA but not personally taking the proceeds, then I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    The issue is that the guns in question were provided to USPSA (and therefore USPSA property), but they were sold by an employee personally and the proceeds were not returned to the organization. If it was just a USPSA employee selling guns for USPSA but not personally taking the proceeds, then I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.
    I would be very interested to see the terms of the T&E agreement that the manufacturer sent those to Jake/USPSA under, because that would determine whose property the gun actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I would be very interested to see the terms of the T&E agreement that the manufacturer sent those to Jake/USPSA under, because that would determine whose property the gun actually is.
    Or what name is on the #4473, unless the organization has an FFL?

User Tag List