Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 171 to 177 of 177

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

  1. #171
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Do highly competitive people also have super ego's? And then there's this old thing called emotional maturity(or immaturity). Let's not omit manners or lack of them. People really do have to make an effort to get along. It ain't easy. Here we do pretty good. I think we need a mod in charge of public relations. I nominate my good friend @Hambo for this task.

  2. #172
    Deadeye Dick Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Wokelandia

    Stoeger suspended from USPSA

    It’s not about egos. That’s all a distraction. The issue remains Board members who condone cheating, abuse power, mismanage funds, conceal documents, and now possibly harass female colleagues. Stoeger’s ego and dickish behavior are trivial by comparison. And he’s not employed by USPSA, so it’s a fallacy to think of it as “well they’re both at fault”.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

  3. #173
    Looks like we are now relitigating the firing of Kim Williams, the former USPSA Executive Director (back when we had one). At the time there was some controversy about potential embezzlement - practical.shooting.insights posted a memorandum from the USPSA's auditors who had investigated the credit card charges, and it seems to me like at the time there was a lot of poor accounting practices that made it hard to determine if some of the charges were legitimate business charges or not. Kim Williams did apparently use the card for personal expenses but also was able to provide proof that she reimbursed USPSA for those which in my experience is generally not an issue.

    Apparently she later sued USPSA - don't have a lot of detail on that
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 08-08-2022 at 02:05 PM.

  4. #174
    Deadeye Dick Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Wokelandia
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Looks like we are now relitigating the firing of Kim Williams, the former USPSA Executive Director (back when we had one). At the time there was some controversy about potential embezzlement - practical.shooting.insights posted a memorandum from the USPSA's auditors who had investigated the credit card charges, and it seems to me like at the time there was a lot of poor accounting practices that made it hard to determine if some of the charges were legitimate business charges or not. Kim Williams did apparently use the card for personal expenses but also was able to provide proof that she reimbursed USPSA for those which in my experience is generally not an issue.
    Incompetence and dishonesty are a terrible combination for board members. I've seen it on other boards as well.

    If anyone on the USPSA BoD is reading this... if you care about USPSA, please resign. Nothing short of full turnover is going to put us on the long road back to a healthy organization.

    See this IG post...
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-08-2022 at 02:27 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

  5. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Incompetence and dishonesty are a terrible combination for board members. I've seen it on other boards as well.

    If anyone on the USPSA BoD is reading this... if you care about USPSA, please resign. Nothing short of full turnover is going to put us on the long road back to a healthy organization.

    See this IG post...
    So, are we talking about USPSA or the NRA? Not a USPSA member, but by most accounts, one might think the leadership of both have been performing similarly "well" lately.

  6. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Incompetence and dishonesty are a terrible combination for board members. I've seen it on other boards as well.

    If anyone on the USPSA BoD is reading this... if you care about USPSA, please resign. Nothing short of full turnover is going to put us on the long road back to a healthy organization.

    See this IG post...
    Wait how did this not get more attention when it happened? Where did this convo take place?

  7. #177
    Deadeye Dick Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Wokelandia
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Wait how did this not get more attention when it happened? Where did this convo take place?
    No freaking idea. I'm guessing its part of a lawsuit?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •