Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Hey, I have been married for 21 years and I learned a thing or two about tolerating mother in laws!

After not tolerating mother in laws, hahaha.
    I’ve a retired Marine Colonel father in law you should meet 😁
    #RESIST

I said I was done with this and I lied...

Latest review of financials statements suggest that ~25% of A3 match finances are unaccounted for. Quick dip into the reports shows multiple instances of same check number being claimed multiple times. $15,000 in cash withdraws.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClErZmEv...d=MWI4MTIyMDE=

My list for USPSA is starting to read like a former IL Governor:

1) Cheating
    2) Embezzlement
    3) Tax Fraud
    4) Sexual Harassment lawsuits
    5) Bad Legal Advice
    6) Silencing Critics with bans

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’ve a retired Marine Colonel father in law you should meet 😁
    Field Day still on Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I said I was done with this and I lied...

Latest review of financials statements suggest that ~25% of A3 match finances are unaccounted for. Quick dip into the reports shows multiple instances of same check number being claimed multiple times. $15,000 in cash withdraws.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClErZmEv...d=MWI4MTIyMDE=

My list for USPSA is starting to read like a former IL Governor:

1) Cheating
    2) Embezzlement
    3) Tax Fraud
    4) Sexual Harassment lawsuits
    5) Bad Legal Advice
    6) Silencing Critics with bans

Area 3 is an Area 3 problem isn't it? Didn't USPSA fire the Area 3 Director that was a Stoeger guy?
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    Area 3 is an Area 3 problem isn't it? Didn't USPSA fire the Area 3 Director that was a Stoeger guy?
    Probably a distinction, without a real difference, but Hopkins resigned before the board could "fire" him. He had taken a job, and moved, outside of Area 3, and was therefore ineligible to be the Area 3 Director, but didn't tell the board, and only resigned after they discovered he had moved away.

Arnburg as new Area 3 director.

Some encouraging stuff happening.

Yee-min seems to be trying to do the right thing.

@Clusterfrack

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Probably a distinction, without a real difference, but Hopkins resigned before the board could "fire" him. He had taken a job, and moved, outside of Area 3, and was therefore ineligible to be the Area 3 Director, but didn't tell the board, and only resigned after they discovered he had moved away.
    I think Matt Hopkins would have been a great AD.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think Matt Hopkins would have been a great AD.
    You're probably right, but my comment wasn't a judgment. I was just trying to clear up the misconception about Hopkins being "fired."

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    He’s been doing interviews with BOD members and (back when elections were running) presidential candidates, which of course, all involved were also promoting on their socials.

Recently, he’s started affirmatively covering for them.

He deleted or hid comments on his most recent videos discussing the BOD issues, stating—in his position—that no organization is perfect and the recent bans were “deserved.”

I know for a fact he (Humble/David) hid my comment and others. David was asked what Derek (practical shooting insights) did to deserve his ban, and I responded with the list of things Derek brought to light with documentation (the same list in the comment to which you replied).

Derek and the other folks were watching that comment thread (and all know me on non-YouTube social media), and they said my comment lasted a whopping minute before being banished to the shadow realm. Sent me screenshots and everything. David was hiding or deleting any comment referencing specific issues with the BOD, because I watched other comments disappear when refreshing the video.

Baseless speculation:

My schizo-lifter-brain conspiracy theory is he wants to be first in line for a certain media job if the incumbent gets fired (or charged criminally) for selling $20K worth of T&E guns on an internet forum… but I have absolutely nothing to back that theory up besides (1) it makes sense and (2) the little birdies I see when I’m blacking out deadlifting whisper it in my ears.
    Haven't logged in in a while - lots of time between when you said this and where we are but I feel compelled to address it.

Yes - I zapped a comment that was bogging down - I don't remember the exact nature of it - but I seldom do zap comments. Look it's no secret there's a contingent in the USPSA community that's not fans of me- most of them don't know me personally- and I don't have to give them platform for grand standing - so I don't.

Mouthpiece for the board? Yeah no. I started my podcast last year in a direction of giving the board productive ideas on how they could forward the line of making USPSA more than it is. Since then, they've shown themselves incapable of the most basic stuff to run an org. At this point providing constructive information to grow USPSA is completely wasted. The org can't manage the fundamentals.

Regarding your speculation on me getting a media job at USPSA - nah. My day job is too lucrative to step away for a media career - if my YT take 10xs it will be a conversation with my family but it's still mega high risk - given the direction of the winds in online media - it's unlikely to happen. in a far distant future - I wouldn't mind being president of USPSA as I have the CV to do a good job with it and I'm passionate about it. But kids are too little and everything is too expensive for that to be a reality in the near or even medium term.

Quote Originally Posted by THeHumbleMarksman View Post
    Haven't logged in in a while - lots of time between when you said this and where we are but I feel compelled to address it.

Yes - I zapped a comment that was bogging down - I don't remember the exact nature of it - but I seldom do zap comments. Look it's no secret there's a contingent in the USPSA community that's not fans of me- most of them don't know me personally- and I don't have to give them platform for grand standing - so I don't.

Mouthpiece for the board? Yeah no. I started my podcast last year in a direction of giving the board productive ideas on how they could forward the line of making USPSA more than it is. Since then, they've shown themselves incapable of the most basic stuff to run an org. At this point providing constructive information to grow USPSA is completely wasted. The org can't manage the fundamentals.

Regarding your speculation on me getting a media job at USPSA - nah. My day job is too lucrative to step away for a media career - if my YT take 10xs it will be a conversation with my family but it's still mega high risk - given the direction of the winds in online media - it's unlikely to happen. in a far distant future - I wouldn't mind being president of USPSA as I have the CV to do a good job with it and I'm passionate about it. But kids are too little and everything is too expensive for that to be a reality in the near or even medium term.
    I appreciate you checking in and addressing the board stuff head-on.

The org—any org that runs a shooting sport—would benefit from an engaged and active president. It’s baffling to me that the presidents and managing directors tend to be folks that are disconnected from the higher levels of competition (or even shooting sports entirely).
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

User Tag List