Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 230

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

  1. #161
    Sorry to hear that, that sucks. What I will say is that "problem children" at matches make as much trouble as people allow them to. If someone wants to complain about stage design in a way that holds up everyone else, that should be quickly resolved with a simple "We're going to keep shooting, let's talk after the match." If they don't want to do that then a simple "Please feel free to leave," should suffice.

    I get that setting up a match is a good deal of work and it does really suck when someone chooses to ignore all of that and only focus on criticisms. I don't mean to be callous but if the people running any match let 2-3 idiots turn them off from that then it was only a matter of time because if it wasn't stage design it would be something else.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 08-07-2022 at 03:26 PM.

  2. #162
    HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    While we are on topic, if Stoeger can just chill on trolling this forum and its members, you know, not be a dick; I could see him being allowed to post here again. That being said, I don’t care if he’s not interested, either.
    #RESIST

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    While we are on topic, if Stoeger can just chill on trolling this forum and its members, you know, not be a dick; I could see him being allowed to post here again. That being said, I don’t care if he’s not interested, either.
    Realistically, shooters of his caliber don't post on the internet unless they are being paid to do it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Sorry to hear that, that sucks. What I will say is that "problem children" at matches make as much trouble as people allow them to. If someone wants to complain about stage design in a way that holds up everyone else, that should be quickly resolved with a simple "We're going to keep shooting, let's talk after the match." If they don't want to do that then a simple "Please feel free to leave," should suffice.

    I get that setting up a match is a good deal of work and it does really suck when someone chooses to ignore all of that and only focus on criticisms. I don't mean to be callous but if the people running any match let 2-3 idiots turn them off from that then it was only a matter of time because if it wasn't stage design it would be something else.
    I see where you’re coming from questioning as far as it was probably only a matter of time. On the other hand, same club ran monthly 3-gun matches for years after that day.

    Yes, they could’ve done a better job of reining in the pair. I really wanted to tell them to just shut the hell up and shoot, but not my club not my place (I was raised to be a gracious guest). Anyway, woulda coulda shoulda, and it was several years ago. I just remember it well because it was such an awesome match.

    I had another club I went to one time only because one of the club members had a god complex and I don’t play that game either. The 2 places I shot 90% of my matches at were mostly great, no complaints with them at all. Though the match director at one of them did get roasted over on Enos forums years ago over a stage he set up that some folks thought was unfair. Competitive equality and all that. The absolute hilarious thing about that was I was on the squad with the guy that had the highest hit factor on that stage all shooters across all divisions. He shot the stage straight up, without any of the “shortcuts” some of the other dudes tried. Hell, I shot it straight up myself and was in the top quarter across all divisions. Most of the guys that were doing the bitching (and tried to find a creative way to game it) were in the bottom half, but why let the facts get in the way of a good cry.

    I still think there’s something about USPSA that has a tendency to generate unnecessary drama, especially online.

  5. #165
    Ben and I used to be internet buddies. He's a really smart dude and he generally trolls with good intentions, if that makes sense. He gave me a ton of free advice and gave me his books for free when I was younger which was a really kind move. I'll always be thankful to him for helping me become a better shooter.

    I no longer follow all this USPSA bullshit closely though. Shooting is just a hobby to me and I'll show up and shoot some steel for fun, IDGAF about what is happening at HQ within reason as long as my local club is good to go (it seems to be full of great people). Ben seems to be doxxing the board and highlighting their sexual behavior at HQ, and honestly, I just couldn't care less what consenting adults do. I'm guessing this doxxing and people leaking information to him is what got him in trouble this time. I have to say, though, it seems ridiculous for them to ban *maybe* the best USPSA shooter in the country. This just seems to immature for an organization that is as large as it is. It is making everyone look like petty clowns.

    TL/DR: both sides probably should just grow the fuck up.

  6. #166
    HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Realistically, shooters of his caliber don't post on the internet unless they are being paid to do it.
    That’s fine.
    #RESIST

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That’s fine.
    Of course if he did come on, we might all get banned by USPSA, on the theory of guilt by association!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  8. #168
    HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Of course if he did come on, we might all get banned by USPSA, on the theory of guilt by association!
    #RESIST

  9. #169
    HAS ELECTROLYTES LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I e told this story dozens of times…

    I started with an idpa club sometime around 2003. We loved each other. We showed up, worked our sasses off in the s Florida sun, shot, and then went to get beers.

    then then club started a forum on the website.

    Turned out, that guy is a democrat, and that guy is an atheist, and that guy is mad about something he would have forgotten about if he’d hadn’t had a venue to complain, and this other guy likes to get drunk and post at 3 am… and some disgruntled little botch starts reporting us to hq. Culminated in a guy literally walking up and poking me in the chest because he didn’t like being called a “newb” on the forum. Shit continued downhill, mostly due to the forum, after that. Yet for the 75% of shooters that showed up and had no idea of the drama they just kept right on having fun.
    I just want to quote the post where @rob_s accurately diagnosed why our country is so divided.
    #RESIST

  10. #170
    Member Zincwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Central Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Just a matter of time

    Attachment 92530
    I asked because a recent Stoeger podcast was actually on youtube and he read from the memo you linked. I couldn't tell if that person had been banned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    I think it's incredibly easy to avoid USPSA drama if you don't listen to podcasts and just shoot matches. Rarely if ever have I heard any such complaining like xxxx is a sandbagger, yyyy is a grandbagger, the board are BOCs, etc. at an actual match. As I've had less and less free time to use social media and listen to podcasts my exposure to that stuff is at a level I can tolerate and I could reduce it lower if I didn't have instagram.
    Yes. I don't do podcasts, or Facebook. My youtube subscriptions avoid people whining about shooting sports or...whining. Life is much better.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 08-08-2022 at 10:23 AM.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •