Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Looks like another member has been suspended - I haven't seen him do anything remotely close to inappropriate. Just a guy with professional background in accounting who was critical of the org (including their financial and tax accounting practices). This one seems ridiculous to me to the point where I have to wonder if they will go into the suspension hearing and choose not to ban him simply to create the illusion of fairness. Or they are totally nuts.
    I saw that! What the actual fuck? It makes me want to criticize the BoD on social media just to see how far they will go with this Inquisition style nonsense.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I will say that many organizations should be more open to feedback from accountants. HOA in my area lost over a million dollars to an embezzlement because the auditor they hired failed to do a basic audit procedure (sending bank confirmations). And wanting to hide from the accountants rarely means that people are doing things right.

Please help an old crumudgen , where are yall seeing this info............thanks cya mike
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    Please help an old crumudgen , where are yall seeing this info............thanks cya mike
    Instagram. Ben's IG, an instagram called practical shooting insights, and different users who are reporting they've been banned. Ben and one other posted the actual letter they received.

The fact the accountant wouldnt be able to go to matches with his kids who shoot USPSA really burns my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/practical.shooting.insights/
    https://medium.com/@practical.shooting.insights

So do Ben and this accountant pursue litigation? From the looks of things it could get really ugly for USPSA from a publicity viewpoint if taken to trial, but would anyone hire counsel for such a case?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    So do Ben and this accountant pursue litigation? From the looks of things it could get really ugly for USPSA from a publicity viewpoint if taken to trial, but would anyone hire counsel for such a case?
    What would be the grounds for the suit? This is not a criticism but a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    What would be the grounds for the suit? This is not a criticism but a question.
    For Stoeger: Libel? Wrongful termination? (deprivation of income).

For the accountant it would probably be a bridge too far. FWIW, I kind of had the same question but it wouldn't be too hard to see at least some financial injury to Stoeger.

Excellent summary of the current situation:

One Guy's Take on USPSA Current Events
    I’m Mad At USPSA Leadership, And I Think You Should Be, Too
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...3q-B1zEr2hRPe8

Site Supporter
    Just got a post card asking me to vote in the special presidential runoff election. Any insight on whom to vote for?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

User Tag List