Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Racoon View Post
    I think you’re right. And it went to shit when Foley kept stepping on his crank.

But not sure how it’s relevant. Where are you going with this, counselor? To me that would show he’s not bought off by friendship. He sees messed up stuff, he calls it out regardless of whether the messed up person and he were “buddies” or appeared to be.

You don’t like Ben. We get it.
    I’m going to take a different view of it.

You could imagine that instead of being equal opportunity caller-outer, he felt totally betrayed by an ex-buddy and then had a specifically sharp axe to grind.

“Hell hath no fury like a (wo)man scorned.”

I don't think there was anything on the podcast to suggest Foley and Stoeger were ever close

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Strange, I received the same thing.
    I had an email exchange with the company that runs election this morning. They stated that they have reached out to USPSA and USPSA fixed the problem on their end.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

It's sad that USPSA threads always devolve like this. People so concerned with talking passed each other and being right, they forget it's still just a pissing match. And the same opinion phrased differently over and over in response to anyone who doesnt see it there way. Complete with condescending attitudes. In a lot of ways, it mirrors the problems with the culture of USPSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    It's sad that USPSA threads always devolve like this. People so concerned with talking passed each other and being right, they forget it's still just a pissing match. And the same opinion phrased differently over and over in response to anyone who doesnt see it there way. Complete with condescending attitudes. In a lot of ways, it mirrors the problems with the culture of USPSA.
    While I agree that at P-F we should maintain a higher standard, I haven't found the USPSA culture to be condescending or problematic. Especially in comparison to 3-Gun or IDPA. What is problematic is cheating, croneyism, and abuse of power.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    While I agree that at P-F we should maintain a higher standard, I haven't found the USPSA culture to be condescending or problematic. Especially in comparison to 3-Gun or IDPA. What is problematic is cheating, croneyism, and abuse of power.
    I cant speak to 3 gun or IDPA... yet.

There are a lot of good folks at matches. I won't argue that. I think there are a lot of "king of the sand box" personas too. Perhaps thats just my perspective because I AIWB, and am not a member of any specific club. Many dont want to play by USPSA rulebook because they know better. The big org culture and surrounding social media is often juvenile. Not that theres anything wrong with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    In a lot of ways, it mirrors the problems with the culture of USPSA.
    Which is why I’m skeptical that it will ever change in a male dominated hobby that has roots in aggression and fighting.

Which also goes along with “cheating, cronyism and abuse of power.”

You get a bunch of alpha people who all have narcissistic streaks and how do you convince them that they’re not more special than the next guy?

I’m not saying it’s right nor something we should accept without accountability and scrutiny.

But I’m skeptical just electing new people without specific training and expressly written rules of decorum will change anything.

Things are called slippery slopes for a reason.

It’s also the reason at work we now have a $20 meal and nominal gift written limit to prevent outside vendors from influencing.

20 years ago, what we were allowed to accept was much different. Ethical standards have evolved and sometimes there needs to be a written policy rather than something vague like “common sense.”

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    And finally, on a personal note, I will renew my USPSA membership when Clusterfrack runs for USPSA Office. There are few people as qualified a he.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I think he’s way too smart to put himself in that shit show role. Haha.
    I dunno. He’s nutty enough to help moderate this circus.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I had an email exchange with the company that runs election this morning. They stated that they have reached out to USPSA and USPSA fixed the problem on their end.
    Yes it worked for me now. Thanks!

Looks like another member has been suspended - I haven't seen him do anything remotely close to inappropriate. Just a guy with professional background in accounting who was critical of the org (including their financial and tax accounting practices). This one seems ridiculous to me to the point where I have to wonder if they will go into the suspension hearing and choose not to ban him simply to create the illusion of fairness. Or they are totally nuts.

User Tag List