Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    I just voted and it worked for me.
    I did too just now, but only through email they sent me earlier today. I deleted it accidentally and decided to log in and vote through my member's page since it has a link. Trying to use the page link gives a dead end. I had to recover my deleted email to get it done.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I did too just now, but only through email they sent me earlier today. I deleted it accidentally and decided to log in and vote through my member's page since it has a link. Trying to use the page link gives a dead end. I had to recover my deleted email to get it done.
    Had the same issue Y but followed your lead & it's done, gracias mi amigo.

I'm seeing some people I know are critical of the org voting for Bruce. I guess their argument is that the president's authority has been curtailed and that if Bruce becomes pres it would open up an AD spot.

Ben has a public persona for sure. He can be abrasive but he is an awesome shooter, instructor, and he promotes the sport. My son has taken 2 classes with him and he was a total pro. He was very gracious with me picking his brain after class.

His criticism of USPSA is warranted.

Suspension of someone because they disagree with you is where the org is at. It’s lame.

I’m not going to quit shooting USPSA though. I have too much time and money wrapped up in it.

If you drop your membership you can’t vote in the future with the new rule requiring voting members to have been active for >1 year.

We live in a time when outrage is the norm in our society.

Right now the only side that’s telling their story is Stoeger and insights and they are dictating the narrative. Uspsa needs to speak up because the mob has started the revolt.

Stoeger has been actively trying to burn down uspsa bod for a couple years. His podcast has now become a platform to destroy uspsa. When I got active in the sport 18 months ago I got depressed about uspsa by listening to his podcast. Yet matches were a different atmosphere.

Insights doxxed people. I’m not surprised he got suspended. He’s accused lots of people of cheating, stealing ammo, etc. That one seems warranted.

Personally, I don’t like the actions of the board or Stoeger & insights. If DME used company resources to track down insights and text him to meet up then he crossed a line and misused personal data.

Lots of unknown since only one side is telling the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    I'm seeing some people I know are critical of the org voting for Bruce. I guess their argument is that the president's authority has been curtailed and that if Bruce becomes pres it would open up an AD spot.
    Would the spot go to a people vote or picked by the prez?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Would the spot go to a people vote or picked by the prez?
    My understanding of the bylaws is that if the remaining term is over 24 months there's a special election, if not 3 ADs nominate someone. My impression of this is that trying to elect Bruce pres is really more of a "burn it to the ground" thought process that seems shortsighted to me.

I would say that USPSA board members have spoken out about this on social media but understandably it's not really feasible for the whole org to collate whatever rumors have been flying around and then refute them all at once. On the other hand a lot of their behavior as documented in their leaked communications seems self-serving and dysfunctional. Local clubs can be great but I've also seen plenty of drama at the local level.

I’m hoping for complete turnover in the BoD in the next few years. I have zero confidence in them, or in NROI. What’s been happening to USPSA over the last 5+ years is beyond unprofessional and frankly embarrassing. If it takes Ben being aggressively trollish to make this happen, fine with me.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m hoping for complete turnover in the BoD in the next few years. I have zero confidence in them, or in NROI. What’s been happening to USPSA over the last 5+ years is beyond unprofessional and frankly embarrassing. If it takes Ben being aggressively trollish to make this happen, fine with me.
    I agree although that seems like the best possible case since it seems like the bylaws limit the amount of AD turnovers that can happen in any given year. So people would have to have fairly long memories for this to work out. I'm hoping there will at least be enough adults in the room to make childish/unprofessional behavior no longer tolerable because it seems to me like many people are thinking the current state of the org is about as good as we can expect(!).
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 07-31-2022 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It's been going on for longer than that, but I've never seen it this bad from looking at the Insight guy's IG page. Corruption is the word that comes to my mind. Now I know why my area director bud let it go as I never asked him any specifics (he's been out for a 3-4 years now I think). I've been a member for 15 years or so up until covid hit when I let my membership lapse due to no work and even lost my RO cert. Reading all that nonsense makes me feel not as bad about it. It's going to take some time and possibly IPSC stepping in to restore any confidence, IMO. Until then I'll just shoot my local match because we got some great people and I'll play in GSSF.

As to whether to walk away or not, I can understand both sides. There's no harm with either decision one makes about it.

User Tag List