Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoeger suspended from USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    For me, in the greater Sarasota area, not much. There's a local outlaw indoor match weekly on Monday's I was going to start, to knock the rust off. I can get to matches in Ruskin FL, but these are/were USPSA.
    Monday night is worth it: come visit me. Come for the shooting, stay for the beer and burger combo at "The Mable".

You can shoot matches in Ruskin as a non - uspsa member.

Wyoming Antelope club has almost nightly matches. Hansens in Punta Gorda has almost nightly matches.

Lakeland IDPA is in Fort Meade and has a good quality monthly IDPA match.

Again, you don't have to be a USPSA member to shoot local matches. Will be earn a classification? No, but who cares. Let's go shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    That only applies to a for-profit corporation, because the D&O’s duties are to exercise care and loyalty to maximize returns to investors. USPSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, so the duty of care charged to the D&Os of the corporation is really focused on two things: furthering the purposes of the organization and maintaining compliance with non-profit regulations.
    I’m going to agree with the second part and disagree with the first part, having worked for a number of high profile “nonprofits” that were as rabidly corporate as John Grisham’s the Firm.

What I was getting at was that the corporation of USPSA is only interested in the corporation of USPSA and not necessarily in the membership. Just like the nonprofits I worked in couldn’t give two shits about the people on the ground who made things run. We were / are expendable and replaceable plebs to their master plan.

Isn’t the NRA a nonprofit, too?

It’s a sad state of affairs. Ben’s a loudmouth, the “leadership “ is a good ol’ boys network, and my wife just told me to quit such an organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    It’s a sad state of affairs. Ben’s a loudmouth, the “leadership “ is a good ol’ boys network, and my wife just told me to quit such an organization.
    Well, maybe getting an Asian marine president soon will change some of the culture?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Well, maybe getting an Asian marine president soon will change some of the culture?
    Mr. “we need a code of conduct and disciplinary powers for members’ statements about USPSA outside of matches?”

That Asian Marine?
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Hope and change!

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Mr. “we need a code of conduct and disciplinary powers for members’ statements about USPSA outside of matches?”

That Asian Marine?
    You don’t think that we should?

There’s plenty of bad behavior on both sides of all these debacles.

@JRV

In times like these, I’m always reminded of the Aesop’s fable about Belling the Cat.

There are a lot of people who (not you) will indignantly exclaim that things are “unacceptable!” but there aren’t any viable alternatives. It’s kind of the “2/10 would not bang” criticism of models.

Hey, that Asian marine might not be your cuppa, but look at the available candidates… and look at the other runoff candidate and tell me “who will bell the cat?”

You don’t think that we should?

There’s plenty of bad behavior on both sides of all these debacles.
    I think that would be a bad idea given how we've seen the org use the powers it already has.

For what it's worth I totally get why people would choose to continue participating in USPSA. I reupped my membership last week and registered for my first match in over a year. From what I can tell it's going to be a pretty full match, and there may be more heat than ever with more M class and up shooters than I've ever seen in my local matches. I think it'll be hard to find a local IDPA match with 5 M class level shooters in just one division.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    I think that would be a bad idea given how we've seen the org use the powers it already has.

For what it's worth I totally get why people would choose to continue participating in USPSA. I reupped my membership last week and registered for my first match in over a year. From what I can tell it's going to be a pretty full match, and there may be more heat than ever with more M class and up shooters than I've ever seen in my local matches. I think it'll be hard to find a local IDPA match with 5 M class level shooters in just one division.
    The practical insight guy was pretty over the line doxxing too.

Do you think this is reasonable to post?

Name:  1A56DEE2-F5A7-4B38-AB41-8641A41082CD.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  25.7 KB

That’s just as shitty as what they’re doing to him.

User Tag List