Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Currently Active Gunsmiths with Revolver Expertise as of Summer 2022

Currently Active Gunsmiths with Revolver Expertise as of Summer 2022

It occurred to me that we now have very few gunsmiths who actually know what they are doing with revolvers at this point in history. It would be nice to have a list of those who are still active and taking in new work now.

I will offer two that I have personal experience with, and I can vouch for their abilities.

Karl Sokol
    Chestnut Mountain Sports
    155 State Forest Road
    P. O. Box 638
    West Rutland, VT 05777
    info@chestnutmountainsports.net
    (802) 438-5732

Karl has worked on multiple S&W and Colt Revolvers for me. He has a huge backlog so turn around is not fast, but no questions about the quality of his work and his knowledge in this arena.

Nelson Ford
    The Gunsmith Inc.
    North Village Plaza -- 10210 North 32nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85028
    (602) 992-0050
    info@thegunsmith.com

Nelson really knows his way around S&W revolvers and has done some great K frame restoration action jobs for me that took spitting out of time guns and got them back in what is probably better shape than they left the factory with butter smooth action jobs that still set off every primer. Nelson has pretty good turn around time on his S&W revolver tuning package, less than 90 days for sure.

I hope others can add some to this thread based on personal success with active revolver gunsmiths.

Eli at TK customs.

Built Michael Poggie’s USPSA championship revolver and built a couple for me as well.

Cylinder and Slide

Clark Custom Guns

Clements Custom Guns

Reeder Custom Guns

Linbaugh Custom Sixguns (SA only)

BC Armory (Bruce Warren)

Dave Laubert "Defensive Creations LLC"

Never had any work done by him, but I have followed his FB page for years and seen some stunning work, also had a chance to meet him in person and found him to be great person.

Dave Olhasso is still VERY much in business, and has done work on my revolvers. He is/was a P-F forum member, and his turnaround time is fast, at least for me. He’s in Croydon, PA: https://www.olhasso.com/services.html
    Make sure to click on “Revolvers” on Dave’s site.

Site Supporter
    Shops have turnover, and as people come and go, quality of work varies. I refer to larger businesses. Also, sometimes owners sell businesses, and the name goes to new owners. I got burned and fried twice in one instance with holsters, but likelihood of such applies to other areas. In the past I sent a new revolver to the factory. It was returned unprepared. A phone call revealed they could not fix it. One reason that revolver smiths sometimes fail to satisfy is that tolerances are off, and they lack a bucket of parts. Further, when Smith was cranking out police revolvers, their intent was to sell service weapons and not super smooth models to satisfy hobbyists.

Marc Morganti
    Gemini Customs
    717 Botkins Lane
    Frankfort, KY 40601

Phone: (502) 545-9707

Sandy Garret at Northern Virginia Gun Works.

I have a 28-2 Smith and Wesson that is literally a basket case. The hammer stud is broken off. Who would be the one to press a new stud in and rebuild it?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I have a 28-2 Smith and Wesson that is literally a basket case. The hammer stud is broken off. Who would be the one to press a new stud in and rebuild it?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    Mark Novak fixes broken revolver studs. It’s tough to find his website, but he’s on Instagram and YouTube.

User Tag List