Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 627-5 Performance Center 8x 357 Mag

627-5 Performance Center 8x 357 Mag

Does anyone here have one of these? I’m thinking of adding one to the herd. Does it have conventional rifling or the S&W version of the Glock rifling?

Quote Originally Posted by BKS View Post
    the S&W version of the Glock rifling?
    The what?

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The what?
    I assume polygonal or similar.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

S&W has used ECM rifling since the 90s if I remember correctly. The only issue I know of is some guys have found it to lead worse the older guns when shooting cast bullets.

Site Supporter
    I've never heard of or seen Glock rifling with the chatter marks that seem to crop up in S&W's latest offerings. I wouldn't think they two rifling "systems" have anything in common.

YMMV,
    Dave

Right, it has a slightly soft edge appearance but is not the Glock knockoff of an 1888 Metford barrel.

(My geometry teacher said a Polygon was a geometric figure bounded by STRAIGHT line segments.)
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I have had trouble with the ecm rifling and shooting lead. Led me to get rid of a a 686+.
    I was hoping this model might have standard rifling instead.

It has conventional rifling. You can shoot thousands of lead bullets with no problem.

I like my 627 over just about every gun I've ever shot except my 617 because .22s are a lot cheaper to shoot these days.

Name:  first 627.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  29.3 KB

Thank you.

627!

Hi BKS, I have a 627 PC 2.6 inch 8 shot .357. I like it a lot. I have about 2000 of my own 158 grain 38 special reloads through it in the past 6 months of ownership. It has run fine for me, although I had some light primer strikes that I discovered were due to me not seating my primers deep enough—not the gun’s fault. No issues once I resolved that. I have done nothing to the trigger and it seems to be improving as I shoot it. I bought a Dale Fricke Archangel Appendix Carry AIWB Holster that I actually carry the thing in. Works OK.
    It has been my edc for about 5 months. Makes pocket carrying a j-frame seem a LOT lighter .

User Tag List