Thread: In need of advice

In need of advice

I’ve decided to try a pistol optic. Please give me opinions/advice on my thought of buying a PSA Dagger slide already machined for an RMR footprint and swap this on my G3G19. Currently, this slide is available with a 507c sight or without. I’m aware that this isn’t likely the best option but is it a reasonable option by which to “test” the waters? Sorry to pose such an elementary question but after reading and rereading all the info here I’m a bit confused. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    I’ve decided to try a pistol optic. Please give me opinions/advice on my thought of buying a PSA Dagger slide already machined for an RMR footprint and swap this on my G3G19. Currently, this slide is available with a 507c sight or without. I’m aware that this isn’t likely the best option but is it a reasonable option by which to “test” the waters? Sorry to pose such an elementary question but after reading and rereading all the info here I’m a bit confused. Thanks in advance.

Chris
    Extremely reasonable for a plug and play solution.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...black-dlc.html

For $420 to get an optic outfitted complete slide that’s a good deal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post

Chris
    Search function is your friend:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....G19s&p=1315958

TLDR: works fine - sharp edges cut the shit out of my hand.

Thanks for the input.

HCM i had read your thread and it was most helpful. I'm just pathologically an over thinker and was seeking verification or condemnation of my proposed initial entry into a dot on a pistol. Thanks again.

Down the rabbit hole I go.

Chris

UPDATE: 200rds today through Dagger complete slide with Holosun 507c X2. Things I learned/experienced: astigmatism limits how “fine” of a point I can see but I knew that going in. I prefer the circle reticle over the dot or circle+dot. It was easier to hit targets at distance quicker with the optic. Also felt a bit more confident at distance. Looking forward to putting in more time with this setup. It was an enjoyable time.

As to the Dagger complete slide: Fit was good. First two rounds were FTF then 198 flawless feeds. Federal 115gr FMJ.

User Tag List