Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Millions over 1 Billion (with a B)

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

Mega Millions over 1 Billion (with a B)

That's a lot of money.

We're putting a work pool together. I don't expect to win, but it's cheap insurance in case these guys do hit the numbers and I'm stuck with houses halfway done and no employees.

Thanks for the reminder, I'm gonna have to buy a ticket.
    50/50 odds - I either win or I don't.
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    That's a lot of money.

We're putting a work pool together. I don't expect to win, but it's cheap insurance in case these guys do hit the numbers and I'm stuck with houses halfway done and no employees.
    That is the only reason I have ever played, didn't want to be sitting at the office alone...
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Had two numbers, won nothing. We buy for the fantasy entertainment. Of course, we understand the odds. I once had an argument with a math professor who said the odds are blah, blah, blah. I said, it's entertainment. Look at it this way (long time ago), you (nerd professor) buy Playboy. The odds of you getting that are the same.

Of course, there is the odds of being hit by lightning (much higher) or being in a jet crash - used as analogies in probability discussions. I've mentioned before being in a class and the instructor said: It is as rare as being hit by lightning or being in a jet crash!

My friend (who survived a DC-8 going down, killing many - he, wife and kid made it) and I waved our hands - Yoo Hoo!

Now I've moved back to the town where I was hit, so - who knows. I might be rich.

Site Supporter
    Bought into pool with some friends. We collectively won $2 yesterday. $0.50 for me.

Worth the price of admission just for the time spent talking about how we'd spend it.

A bit over $600M cash value.... roughly $400M after tax... I'd be happy to split it with a few friends.

Good luck to you all...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    My house did just get hit by lightning....hmm.

Site Supporter
    I'll buy three tickets this week. That will increase my chances of by about half an order of magnitude over buying one ticket.

Years ago when I lived in Nashville, I stopped off at a convenience store to buy two tickets one week when the jackpot got really high. The decently dressed guy in front of me at the counter said he wanted three tickets and then tried to pay with a credit card. The clerk said the rules are that you have to pay cash. The guy was a jerk about it and refused to use the ATM, so he and the clerk were at an impasse. I didn't want to be there all night, so I agreed to buy the guy's tickets for myself. The clerk thanked me, and the guy said he should give.me his phone number in case one of them was a winning ticket. I declined and left. Turns out that there was a one or two million dollar winning ticket sold at that store that night. Unfortunately none of my tickets won anything, but I really enjoy the fact that that guy will live the rest of his life wondering if he missed out on two million dollars because he didn't want to pay an ATM fee.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pangloss; 07-27-2022 at 04:01 PM.

Im going to go get a couple numbers. If I win maybe Ill buy Sedona Az, and southern Ireland.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    For Powerball, it's 1:292M odds. So if the jackpot is over $584M, it's actually logical and responsible to spend the $2 on a ticket. Assuming you can spare the $2.

Some of us might buy a ticket now and then if it gets over $300M.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I'll be buying a few. If I win my wife will handle the money because I'd have it spent in a day or two.
    --Jason--

User Tag List