Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Active Shooter: Dallas TX Love Field Airport

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Thanks @HCM for the link.
    Just noted the officer involved running what appears to be irons. Can’t identify pistol mfg.-anyone have any idea?
    Just curious.
    I’m still giving him an “A” for attitude and mindset-better than a lot of officers, IMO.
    News this AMhas the woman (can I still use that term?) as mentally unfit. And so it goes…
    Apparently she was arrested for a note passing type bank robbery in 2019 and was not prosecuted due to concerns about her mental competence

Site Supporter
    Video of the incident:

Check out the computer check in kiosk the Officer was standing behind. When they show his body camera footage it looks like he put a round into the screen.

Watch his muzzle flip when he’s shooting- I’m guessing he was surprised and didn’t get a solid master grip from the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Video of the incident:

Check out the computer check in kiosk the Officer was standing behind. When they show his body camera footage it looks like he put a round into the screen.

Watch his muzzle flip when he’s shooting- I’m guessing he was surprised and didn’t get a solid master grip from the holster.
    Whoa that was close! That bystander lady was crouching right underneath that screen.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Just about a week ago a neighboring county's SWAT team was dealing with a guy holding a woman hostage . . . with an axe.

SWAT shot him the arm and the episode was resolved.

I wouldn't be surprised if contrary to American doctrine, some are looking the limbs as targets of less hassle. GIGN style.
    Now that I am retired, I can say that I certainly did consider the possibility of using a shot, to a limb, especially a lower limb, if the particular circumstances were to make it seem a good idea, at a given moment in time. That was one reason, among several, that I tended to bring the shotgun with me, so much of the time, when I exited the patrol car. Not that a leg hit is going to be non-fatal, to the recipient, of course.

Notably, I was only trained to use pelvic shots as a plan B, in the event of an opponent wearing armor, or otherwise failing to stop, when shot in the torso, but, working an urban area, I knew that downward-angle shots, with non-rifled round pellets, would have a far shorter range of lethal potential, to anyone beyond the bad guy. At night, folks far enough down-range might be obscured by darkness. (This was one of the reasons I preferred a shotgun, as my long gun, as I mostly worked night shift.) To be clear, I am not talking about “skipping pellets off the pavement,” as an intentional less-lethal technique, to be used against unarmed opponents.

At least some of our SWAT guys did not like “tactical buck,” because one bad guy, in one of their incidents, stopped most of the pellets in his forward-reaching arms, suffering little torso damage. Well, as I see it, the weapon was instantly blown out of his hands, so, it seems, to me, that the mission was accomplished. (I do not recall the weapon, but seem to remember that it was a firearm.)

I am not any kind of expert, in these matters; just a now-retired big-city street cop.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Now that I am retired, I can say that I certainly did consider the possibility of using a shot, to a limb, especially a lower limb, if the particular circumstances were to make it seem a good idea, at a given moment in time. That was one reason, among several, that I tended to bring the shotgun with me, so much of the time, when I exited the patrol car. Not that a leg hit is going to be non-fatal, to the recipient, of course.

Notably, I was only trained to use pelvic shots as a plan B, in the event of an opponent wearing armor, or otherwise failing to stop, when shot in the torso, but, working an urban area, I knew that downward-angle shots, with non-rifled round pellets, would have a far shorter range of lethal potential, to anyone beyond the bad guy. At night, folks far enough down-range might be obscured by darkness. (This was one of the reasons I preferred a shotgun, as my long gun, as I mostly worked night shift.) To be clear, I am not talking about “skipping pellets off the pavement,” as an intentional less-lethal technique, to be used against unarmed opponents.

At least some of our SWAT guys did not like “tactical buck,” because one bad guy, in one of their incidents, stopped most of the pellets in his forward-reaching arms, suffering little torso damage. Well, as I see it, the weapon was instantly blown out of his hands, so, it seems, to me, that the mission was accomplished. (I do not recall the weapon, but seem to remember that it was a firearm.)

I am not any kind of expert, in these matters; just a now-retired big-city street cop.
    IMO that sounds like solid "problem solving" that at times may diverge from the official approved doctrine of the day.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List