Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Progression of gun ownership

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    It's sorta how I really love my friend's BMW 3-series, and absolutely could have picked one of those when I was car shopping. As a driving experience, it kicks the pants off my Subaru. But I live in the mountains, and the Subaru means I'm confident to drive no matter what weather hits. Would have loved to go with the BMW, but life dictated the Subaru.
    The solution to that is Audi / Porsche. The Audi/Porsche and Subaru AWD systems are the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I am finally happy where I am at and now can focus all the money I used to use chasing guns to ammo instead of both.
    Who wins the over / under?

Name:  84C9778D-68A8-44B9-8D68-2AFE6308D2A0.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  44.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Who wins the over / under?

Name:  84C9778D-68A8-44B9-8D68-2AFE6308D2A0.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  44.9 KB
    fml. lol

Site Supporter
    fml. lol
    Name:  17D0BA16-3B5B-46AF-A3CE-F90B4A5D2A3C.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  34.6 KB

This is one reason I still have my Glocks.

The other reason is if Biden and Vlad do trade nukes there will be two things left: Cockroaches and Glocks.

Site Supporter
    fml. lol
    It be like that sometimes.

So what kind of 1911 are you getting?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I have owned an XD9 since 2003 that has about 5k rounds thru, and runs flawlessly.

Yes, an xd.
    Yes, not a glock.
    Yes, I just admitted that I have an XD that runs without issues.

All this glock talk made me think of this.

Hope it doesn't get me kilt in da streets.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Name:  17D0BA16-3B5B-46AF-A3CE-F90B4A5D2A3C.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  34.6 KB

This is one reason I still have my Glocks.

The other reason is if Biden and Vlad do trade nukes there will be two things left: Cockroaches and Glocks.
    I'm always coming back. My life has drastically changed in the last couple of years. Went from two kids to four (two step kids) and all of them are nearing hobby and sports ages. It means my hobbies have taken the back seat and I just need easy to work on and supply. Glock and ARs check those boxs

Site Supporter
    I'm always coming back. My life has drastically changed in the last couple of years. Went from two kids to four (two step kids) and all of them are nearing hobby and sports ages. It means my hobbies have taken the back seat and I just need easy to work on and supply. Glock and ARs check those boxs
    Well, I would keep one thing in mind. SIG is now #2 behind Glock and the aftermarket is growing. Then add in the fact that it’s a modular pistol, and it might make more sense for your logistics situation.

If you get a Glock 19 or 26 you’re stuck with that Glock 19 or 26. If you wanna try changing something in the grip and it doesn’t work out you either gotta sell it and get another gun or pay Glock 150 bucks for frame replacement.

With the 320 you can simply by 12 or 15 round magazines and the corresponding grip module. Basically, you can scale up and down as needed. The thumb safety could have some advantages and your situation. Wilson now has an X compact size (15 round / G19 size) grip.

Are you still running the P365 series guns as your primary carry? If so, it makes more sense to match the full-size house/range gun to your primary carry guns.

Are you still running the P365 series guns as your primary carry? If so, it makes more sense to match the full-size house/range gun to your primary carry guns.
    I have to agree if this is the case - maybe a unported XL with a Macro grip module as a big pistol, and a standard as a small one. I’ve actually considered this myself.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    And USPs.

From time to time, my mind wanders into an imagined scenario where I'm the central character in a Planet of the Apes situation. I manage to somehow find an actual gun, and realize it's my own USP .45 serendipitously come back around.

Probably taking my appreciation of the 297,###-round story a little too far.

But still, someone once posted on this forum that he bought a USP 9 FS that had been used as a manufacturer's ammo test gun. I'm thinking the number of documented rounds when he got it was something like 480k+. And he had taken it across the line past half a million.

Off the top of my head, the Glock that is in their museum after being used as an ammo test gun had a frame crack at 348k or something like that.

I have a few USPs. I haven't been tempted to get another Glock since I sold the one I had.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List