Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Progression of gun ownership

Progression of gun ownership

I was having some regret recently about the amount of money I have lost over the years chasing the best set ups. This was with AR rifles and pistols. I have owned and sold most flavor of the weeks that took place on pistol forum. Glocks, Hks, sigs, berettas, 9mm 1911s, and snubbies. ARs I have sold more uppers and optics than I would like to admit. I finally have gotten to a place where I am completely happy and content.

Where I ended up:
    -bed side 320 set up with white light and 21 round magazine. Adding a optic soon, probably a 509t or 507c.

-3 365xls, set up the same: 407ks, wilson combat grip modules.

ARs are both bcms, 4x acogs and offset dots.

Anyone else go through this kind of progression? I am finally happy where I am at and now can focus all the money I used to use chasing guns to ammo instead of both.

Site Supporter
    I was tempted today to buy a gun I don’t need. I ordered a case of 9mm and 2 bricks of .22LR instead.

I have 3 snubbies and a few Glocks. All of my other pistols and revolvers are just because I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post

Anyone else go through this kind of progression?
    Oh Lord, yes.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I was having some regret recently about the amount of money I have lost over the years chasing the best set ups. This was with AR rifles and pistols. I have owned and sold most flavor of the weeks that took place on pistol forum. Glocks, Hks, sigs, berettas, 9mm 1911s, and snubbies. ARs I have sold more uppers and optics than I would like to admit. I finally have gotten to a place where I am completely happy and content.

Where I ended up:
    -bed side 320 set up with white light and 21 round magazine. Adding a optic soon, probably a 509t or 507c.

-3 365xls, set up the same: 407ks, wilson combat grip modules.

ARs are both bcms, 4x acogs and offset dots.

Anyone else go through this kind of progression? I am finally happy where I am at and now can focus all the money I used to use chasing guns to ammo instead of both.
    Eh sort of.

I split it into “work guns” and shoot for fun / “passion of the gun” guns.

“Work guns” for me are striker fired RDS equipped guns - currently SIG P320s /P365XLs and a P365 for off the clock / pocket carry when necessary and RDS equipped AR’s in 5.56, 9mm and .22. I’ll consider the MPX an “AR” since the controls are the same. I’m going to say my P322 with 407K is also a work gun in a training role.

I still like to chase guns to some degree but it can be anything from revolvers, 1911s and Berettas to old Winchester lever guns. They have to be shooters. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Probably nearly everyone here.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Excuse me??? This is Pistol Forum. Of course they have.

This place is filled with enablers.

I'm lucky that I've never been (too) tempted to collect firearms as I have knives.

4 Glocks.

A J-frame.

An 870.

An AR.

Done.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm lucky that I've never been (too) tempted to collect firearms as I have knives.

4 Glocks.

A J-frame.

An 870.

An AR.

Done.
    Sure, but the thread is about what progression of guns got you here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

I somehow never have. I pretty quickly settled on 9mm Glocks, never tooled around. When dots became a thing I just sent my slides off for milling.

I did progressively upgrade the quality of my ARs and their optics/accessories over time, but with the pandemic price appreciation I never lost that much money selling my uppers to upgrade to something a little better.

Built all of my lowers from stripped, beyond some ugly toolmarks on one of the cheaper ones I bought, never had any functional issues with any of them, so never felt the urge to replace.

I have some 'fun guns' like my S&W post-war revolvers but that's about it.

Oh, boy, yes. However I have a slight excuse that some of the stuff I settled on didn't exist when I got into the game.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List