Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Personal Security Network

New video - Fundamentals of Situational Awareness - is now live.

My goal remains to keep these videos short (around five minutes) and as visually engaging as possible while conveying useful info to the target audience (those who don't give much thought to their personal security).

Thanks for taking a look.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Site Supporter
    This is probably outside the scope of what you have in mind for your channel, but especially since you mentioned some women in your life who are not especially concerned with personal defense: See if you can connect them with resources on how to recognize the early signs of an abusive relationship. Too many women lock their doors at night, with the biggest threat to them already in the house.

You ain’t cracking the psychological code of Stockholm or battered woman syndrome with a YouTube channel. Certainly the more available the information the better, but sticking to things more likely to influence positive proactive steps for increasing personal safety are a better use of the time and bandwidth.

And if you decide to tackle such sub-topics, go get a recognized SME, like an experienced Domestic Violence/Family advocate/activist and use it as an educational opportunity for everyone. Nothing worse than listening to people regurgitate horseshit because it sounds neat, and the speaker has no idea what they are talking about. Professionals such as psychologists are great and all, but I’ve found the people most knowledgeable and useful are those who are truly passionate about their cause(s).
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Video #3 - Failing the Interview

Video #4 will be on SA in low light environments with the use of flashlights. So far I have used royalty-free photos but #4 will require some photography on my part. It will likely take a while to get that one done.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    This is probably outside the scope of what you have in mind for your channel....
    It is, and I have zero expertise on the subject matter. I do appreciate the suggestion though.

New link to video #3.

I was not pleased with the audio quality of the narration, so I experimented with the text-to-speech function. IMO the computer-generated narration is more clear vs. my weird NY/New England accent. I'll be using that moving forward;

This is it, final cut on video #3. :-)

Found a MUCH better text-to-speech utility for the narration. I can definitely live with these results;

Video 2, Fundamentals of Situational Awareness has been republished with the improved narration.

Session 4 - Low Light Environments

Discussion of low-light environments, what they are, how they impose additional risks to our personal security, and the use of an everyday carry (EDC) flashlight to mitigate those risks.

-----------------------------------

I used mostly my own photography for this presentation, which required getting up in the middle of the night to take photos when there was no activity.

I'm also getting a hang of the software used: Wondershare Filmora for creating the video and Speechelo for generating the narration (I'm thrilled not having to listen to myself any more).

I didn't keep track of the amount of time it took to create this five minute presentation, but I worked on it pretty much every day for the last month or so. From writing the script, taking the photos, editing the script to better match the photos, new photos to better match the script, and getting it all put together in the above-mentioned software.

In any case, your comments are always appreciated!

The EDC Flashlight | Important Features and Recommended Models

User Tag List