Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Skipping chambers again

I highly recommend Karl Sokol for old and new Smith work.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    God, I miss that show.
    Me too. I used to go to the dump with my dad and listen to it.

I cleaned it up from the other day and it's definitely skipping nearly every DA pull.

I did notice a little bit to much grease on and around the cylinder stop spring when I took the side plate off. I'm wondering if that's part of the problem. Its just so consistent I'm not sure that could be it.

I might try a new hand

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I cleaned it up from the other day and it's definitely skipping nearly every DA pull.

I did notice a little bit to much grease on and around the cylinder stop spring when I took the side plate off. I'm wondering if that's part of the problem. Its just so consistent I'm not sure that could be it.

I might try a new hand

Id strongly suggest trying no grease, just oil on that spring or the locking bolt. All it needs to skip when fired faster is a little less or slower push on the spring.

I dont think the hand would influence the locking bolt timing like this.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Id strongly suggest trying no grease, just oil on that spring or the locking bolt. All it needs to skip when fired faster is a little less or slower push on the spring.

I dont think the hand would influence the locking bolt timing like this.
    Ok thanks. I will.

Let us know if it makes any difference.

The locking bolt springs arent really very perky.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

A suggestion, whenever ordering small parts, always buy multiples, with the shipping cost, they end up being rather cheap and its cheap insurance, having extra parts around sure never hurt my feelings.
    Especially when you’re all thumbs.

There’s a bunch of cylinder-stop springs hiding somewhere in my shop.

Let us know if it makes any difference.

The locking bolt springs arent really very perky.
    Nope. This spring is about as perky as I've ever seen. Nice and clean and still skipping.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Nope. This spring is about as perky as I've ever seen. Nice and clean and still skipping.

Well heck.

Does the locking bolt fit cleanly into the notches in the cylinder when its apart? I think Ive had it happen once long ago, the bolt wouldnt bottom out in the notch. Mine wasnt skipping like yours but it was able to turn backwards after cycling with little effort.

Does the bolt move freely in the frame? Like pushing in or down with your finger theres no hangups and drag? You can watch it cycle with the cylinder out by pushing the thumbpiece backwards and holding it.
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    He might try installing a much lighter Titanium cylinder.
    No such animal for a K-frame, though I wish there were.

User Tag List