Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LA highway heist: Thieves make off with millions in gems, gold

The one man ATM vans were one of the reasons I left. They did have some additional security features but they tended to malfunction. The vans would shut down after about a quarter mile if you didn't enter the security code in after a stop. However the truck gave no feedback to if the code you entered was correct or not. So you'd think you had entered the correct code but if you unknowingly made a mistake the truck would shutdown on you in the middle of the road and had to be reactivated via satellite. This was done by the same company that dismissed putting GPS on all the trucks was too expensive but installing non weatherproof cameras all over the trucks was a great idea.

Your stories remind me of an old movie...

Site Supporter
    Another article I saw when searching this said that the guards had left the truck unattended for 27 minutes. That’s not suspicious at all.

The smart thing at this point is for the guards to go ahead and flip on the people who did the snatch.

But I don't think the guards are going to do the smart thing.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

If you're gonna 'go'...'go' BIG.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

There's more red flags than a May Day parade through the center of Moscow...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

It's good to see people still out here making moves on the street.

Name:  giphy (5).jpg
Views: 282
Size:  13.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ...Even worse I see those ATM service vans that are basically begging to be knocked over. You know they are humping cassettes of cash and they don't even look long gun proof.
    I pulled over one day just to watch the farce of a cassette change at a local ATM. Doors open, guy doing the work never putting his head up, driver engrossed in his phone.

https://youtu.be/pqE66RltUaQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright Phil here is our story. We ate tacos from that sketchy bodega on Sepulveda. 15 minutes later on these bumpy LA roads both of out asses were going to explode. We were in severe distress. We both had to go at the same time. Stick to the story and they will never suspect us.

User Tag List