Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Luggage, Duffels, Packs, Man Purses, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I have been looking at these since you posted. What size do you think is useful? The Day Sling 3 Max is 6 liters and slightly larger. Is that too large?
    At that size I’d want more of an actual sling than an oversized Fanny pack. Something like this.
    https://www.osprey.com/us/en/product...LTSLNGS21.html

For me, yes, the max is too large. As seen here on this guys back, which shows the scale pretty well.

Name:  48A8B3F4-2339-474F-8BD7-44E06102CEAA.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  54.2 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I guess it really depends on what the daily carry needs are to find the right size and bag. There are so many choices out there. Thanks.

I mostly have regular, inexpensive backpack/sacks: LL Bean, Jansport, OGIO. I have purchased nicer ones too and even a Filson but they "didn't bring me joy." I try not to spend much on latest/greatest tech fabrics either since I work indoors.

Same goes with luggage: baggage handlers will destroy the most bombproof luggage you can find. I'd rather be seen as a brokeass who can't afford a nice bag than deal with the insurance companies trying to get paid back for your expensive damaged luggage. I want to deal with airlines as little as humanly possible.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

For anything casual up to 3 days I use my book bag from highschool. Up to recently it was also used as a range bag.

Anything requiring actual travel like vacations I just borrow whatever my parents or sister has.

Even when I went camping over the weekends it would just be that school bag. Everything is need fits comfortably into it. Some food, some water, some extra clothes. The bottom portion can't be seen in the tent

Alright, so I found this.

https://www.tomtoc.com/products/tomt...c-design-black

It is very close in design to the discontinued AER Day Sling 2.

Site Supporter
    I have an overnight sized and 3 day weekend sized Filson duffel bags that I really like.

I like that. Nice clean lines. Wish it didn’t have the giant logo on it, but it’s not terribly offensive and wouldn’t keep me from buying.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Current weekly load out for 120 lbs of gear roughly.

Blackhawk rolling duffel. This is a cheap peace of shit and I buy a new one about every 18 months. It’s only bag that works for all the protective gear. Alumni recognize this as the “dead hooker” bag.

Pelican/Storm IM 2720 hard case for 6 sim guns and two live pistols.

Filson 243 Pullman for clothes, footwear, my range bag, so on.

Goruck Heritage 21L GR1 in field tan waxed canvas is my flight back that has my laptop, batteries, a woobie, ultralight Arcterx waterproof insulating jacket, shaving kit, a pair of socks, underwear, a black t shirt, small blow out kit, bamboo eating utensils if I DoorDash at my hotel and they forget that shit, sleeping mask, Bose noise cancelling earbuds and a bag with all my cables.

Site Supporter

Amazon has the 8-inch version for $42 before a 10% coupon... LINK.
    I picked on e up to give it a try for size. I think 4.5L is going to be too big for my needs.... But for ~$40 delivered tomorrow... worth a try before I go for the Aer DS3.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I've got three sizes of Chrome messenger bags for use in the city. I find slings to be more comfortable for city use, and they easily swing to the front when on a bus, catching a cab or an uber, etc. my oldest one is probably ten years old, and still looks great

User Tag List