Thread: Did Trudeau Just Ban Handguns?

Did Trudeau Just Ban Handguns?

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I'm pretty sure calling that less than a ban is just coping.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    CA did that with standard capacity magazines. The actual confiscation ban came along 15 years later, because they couldn't be patient and wait for the middle-aged, law-abiding citizens who still owned them to die or get tired of their shit and move out of the state.

Or maybe they were just looking to push them to move out of the state sooner and take their votes with them.

FWIW, I'd be perfectly happy to have a freedom loving American like @Maple Syrup Actual voting on this side of the border.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 10-21-2022 at 02:10 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....handguns/page2

Sounds like this is an 'executive action' - bill still in parliament. Does Trudeau's coalition still have a majority such that this is still basically guaranteed to pass?

There but for the wisdom and foresight of our Founders...

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    CA did that with standard capacity magazines. The actual confiscation ban came along 15 years later, because they couldn't be patient and wait for the middle-aged, law-abiding citizens who still owned them to die or get tired of their shit and move out of the state.

Or maybe they were just looking to push them to move out of the state sooner and take their votes with them.

FWIW, I'd be perfectly happy to have a freedom loving American like @Maple Syrup Actual voting on this side of the border.
    It's looking more appealing every day.

If we can't oust this fuck soon, I'll definitely start looking seriously at walking away. He's done an unbelievable amount of damage with the support of just 32% of voters.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    It's looking more appealing every day.

If we can't oust this fuck soon, I'll definitely start looking seriously at walking away. He's done an unbelievable amount of damage with the support of just 32% of voters.
    You'd probably like Park City...

User Tag List