Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armed subject attempting to breach Cincinnati FBI office; pursuit, shots fired

Site Supporter

Armed subject attempting to breach Cincinnati FBI office; pursuit, shots fired

https://www.wlwt.com/article/fbi-off...unty/40871234#

FBI: Armed subject attempting to breach Cincinnati FBI office leads to pursuit, shots fired

A pursuit and ongoing police situation in Clinton County has shut down two highways and prompted an area lockdown Thursday. It all started after an armed suspect attempted to breach an FBI building in Cincinnati.

According to FBI Cincinnati, it started around 9 a.m. when a person showed up to the office in Kenwood and attempted to breach the visitor screening facility.

An alarm went off and FBI special agents responded when the man fired a nail gun at law enforcement personnel. The man then held up an AR-15 style rifle before fleeing in a vehicle north onto I-71 leading Ohio State Highway Patrol on a pursuit into Clinton County.

The FBI, Ohio State Highway Patrol and local law enforcement are now on scene near Wilmington where they say they are trying to resolve the critical incident.

Clinton County Emergency Management Agency officials said law enforcement has exchanged shots with the male suspect who is described as wearing a gray shirt and body armor.

I-71 is closed between State Routes 73 and 68 in both directions until further notice. State Route 73 is also shut down in both directions between Mitchell Road and State Route 380.

State Route 380 is also closed between State Route 73 and Brimstone Road.

A lockdown is in effect for all buildings within a one mile radius of Smith Road and Center Road, according to Clinton County EMA. Residents and businesses are asked to lock their doors.
    Name:  063EF5D4-BEBB-4F1E-9500-50CDC7F55641.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  47.4 KB

https://mobile.twitter.com/FBICincin...nty%2F40871234

I have a family member and others who were my cops until I retired last year on scene.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I have a family member and others who were my cops until I retired last year on scene.
    You're one of the three from the area I immediately thought of. God speed.
    Taking a break from social media.

Who is this guy, a rogue carpenter with an AR for backup?

Jeebus, what the hell is wrong with people these days.

Hope they get this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Jeebus, what the hell is wrong with people these days.

Hope they get this guy.
    You mean…

You hope they nail him.

There’s all sorts of weirdos out there, true that.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The local newspaper reports that per the EMA the “response has ended” and they are awaiting further details

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    You mean…

You hope they nail him.

There’s all sorts of weirdos out there, true that.
    If there was ever a line that deserved a Horacio Caine meme…

Site Supporter
    NYT is reporting the suspect was killed after less lethal methods failed and the suspect pointed a gun at officers.

NYT also ID’ed the suspect:

The suspect, identified by the officials as Ricky Shiffer, 42, seems to have appeared in a video posted on Facebook on Jan. 5, 2021, showing him attending a pro-Trump rally at Black Lives Matter Plaza in Washington the night before the Capitol was stormed.

In May, a Twitter user named Ricky Shiffer replied to a photograph of rioters scaling the walls of the Capitol on Jan. 6 with a message that claimed he was present at the building and seemed to place the blame for the attack on people other than supporters of former President Donald J. Trump.

“I was there,” the message read. “We watched as your goons did that.”

Mr. Shiffer was not charged with any crimes in connection with the Jan. 6 attack.

In another Twitter post, the same user wrote about the far-right nationalist group the Proud Boys.

“Save ammunition, get in touch with the Proud Boys and learn how they did it in the Revolutionary War, because submitting to tyranny while lawfully protesting was never the American way,” the message read.
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/08...-shooting-news

Some of my friends were on scene for the first part of that. And I know some of the FBI SWAT guys who were there. I listened to much of it on the radio. Glad they’re all ok. Listening to it I knew it was only going to end one way. And I wasn’t wrong.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List