Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We'll all go together when we go - Nukemap!

We'll all go together when we go - Nukemap!

Every Hottentot and every Eskimo

A friend forwarded this site to me. It's sort of fun in a gallows humor sort of way: NUKEMAP Type in the name of a city or drag the marker to it, select from the range of options (or type in your own) and check out the blast effects at fallout at different distances.

There's a companion site MISSLEMAP that lets you choose the delivery vehicle then you can export it over to NUKEMAP.

It probably won't end up like this...probably. Maybe.

Name:  wargames clip.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  42.7 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Every Hottentot and every Eskimo
    When the air becomes uranious,
    We will all go simultaneous,
    Yes, we all will go together,
    When we all go together,
    Yes, we all will go together when we go.

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    My impending move is close to a primary target. Just ran the simulation a few times which shows me out of the damage zone.

Kind of "F-d" up that when I was choosing a place to move this was not as big of a concern.

Site Supporter
    I mean...not sure how Chicago figures into the list of targets for a nuke, but if it's a high value target, I'll probably end up with quite the sunburn.

Or as a shadow burned into the pavement.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Let's see, 3 miles away from my hometown there's a nuclear power plant. I've always been told growing up that that would be a Target.

Another five miles past that is the main, maybe even the only, terminal that the US military ships Munitions out of on the east coast. Yeah, that's going to be a Target.

And about another 15 Mi away from that is one of our two State ports. Pretty sure that would be a Target.

In short, absolute toast.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Let's see, 3 miles away from my hometown there's a nuclear power plant. I've always been told growing up that that would be a Target.

Another five miles past that is the main, maybe even the only, terminal that the US military ships Munitions out of on the east coast. Yeah, that's going to be a Target.

And about another 15 Mi away from that is one of our two State ports. Pretty sure that would be a Target.

Walmart is feeling left out.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I mean...not sure how Chicago figures into the list of targets for a nuke, but if it's a high value target, I'll probably end up with quite the sunburn.

Or as a shadow burned into the pavement.

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

Oh yeah. Grew up in an area with a SAC base, a Naval Air Station, an international airport and 3 defense manufacturers I knew about (Bell Helicopter, L-T-V and General Dynamics). I realized probably in my tweens that at a minimum I'd end up with that hi-pro glow.

I still live in the same area but the SAC base is now a combo Joint Reserve Base and Fed prison, the NAS was closed down and turned into some kind of industrial park, the defense manufacturers have consolidated multiple times so the only thing I know of offhand is the F35 line at Lockheed-Martin and the Bell facilities. I'm sure there's still plenty around here to be hit, I just don't know if we'll be a primary or secondary target anymore.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Well...at least if it's in the winter, the unseasonable heat will make it easier to enjoy some time on the beach.

Then again, with how fucking cold it gets, a nuclear attack on Chicago might just not even work.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Oh yeah. Grew up in an area with a SAC base, a Naval Air Station, an international airport and 3 defense manufacturers I knew about (Bell Helicopter, L-T-V and General Dynamics). I realized probably in my tweens that at a minimum I'd end up with that hi-pro glow.

I still live in the same area but the SAC base is now a combo Joint Reserve Base and Fed prison, the NAS was closed down and turned into some kind of industrial park, the defense manufacturers have consolidated multiple times so the only thing I know of offhand is the F35 line at Lockheed-Martin and the Bell facilities. I'm sure there's still plenty around here to be hit, I just don't know if we'll be a primary or secondary target anymore.
    Traffic on 360 or 121 will get you first, in all probability.

User Tag List