Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Food Court inspired drills

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That is my understanding.
    Thank you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

Left handed? Left fucking handed?
    That’s good shooting, but will a .22 out of a snub go through a loaded AR magazine at 40 yards and have any energy left?

ETA: Same question applies to a .38 target wadcutter.

B8 Repair Centers at 25+

15-second par time. 10-rounds - min 56 to pass (since B8 Repair Centers have a 7-ring) - Ideally min 70 (all 10 within the rings).

There is nothing else more complicated needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    There’s been a resurgence of shooting bulls at 25 already. Beyond that I doubt we’ll see much change for a couple of reasons. Just like after every other event like this people start posting about how they’re going to start carrying fighting guns again and the. two weeks later they’re looking for ballistic gel tests on .22lr because carrying a full sized gun sucks and a lot of people legit can’t do it day to day due to wardrobe or whatever. Second people have short memories and we’ll forget about this shooting after the next one happens.

On the competition side (uspsa) when I was shooting people bitched and whined more about targets at 25+ yards than almost any other stage design is however was designing the stages could make.
    @Suvorov: probably not much change, because this is an outlier event. And it’s easier/more efficient to be working at 10-15 yards and in. And, it’s hard, both to find +25 yard ranges and to get people to do/try what they will suck at to begin with…
    @Caballoflaco-pretty much concur. BUT, if one has the opportunity, I believe one should attempt 25+ yards just to see if it can be done. A few times a year, I will fire a few rounds on a reduced steel silhouette @50y just to see if I can tag it.
    Would I insist that this be done? Probably not, but it’s nice to know or one can pull it off…

My last couple of range trips over the past couple of weeks, I spent most of my time shooting an IDPA standard target at 25.

I also tried out all my 9mm service pistols, and found that I still shoot my 1911 best- even with my lousy skills I can put most of my rounds in the center circle.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Yup, and folks will gloss over that, and believe they too can do it. Without practice, without putting in the work, and without repeated demoralizing failure. Until they practice perfectly, and regularly, with metrics and a timer.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That is my understanding.
    Was there any cover, concealment, and/or bracing (the pistol against an object)?

Between this and Jack Wilson's performance at the West Freeway Church (single 17 yard headshot <3 seconds from concealment), I'm thinking I really ought to spend more time on longer range higher accuracy drills (especially with the pocket pistols I typically carry).

To be fair, it’s left handed freestyle with a cartridge that doesn’t recoil (which is one of the hardest things about WHO) and he missed one and delta’d another.

I would rather have a six shot 38 or a five shot 9mm personally.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @JCS sent me this:

Attachment 91719

The things that make it remarkable are that he was moving (and the target likely moving).

I hope they publicize the crap out of this and make the little active shooter weenie wannabes scared that their plans of glory can be snuffed out by good guys with guns.

I also hope this spawns copycat GOOD GUYS who are motivated to train and give up that stupid mantra of “I only need to shoot at 7 yards.”
    Suspect may have been moving - the open source reports I’ve read stated the GS braced against some form of cover.

I just ran it. Cold, 10 rounds, moving from 40 to 30 yards, from concealed, wearing cargo shorts, t shirt and mandals (rugged, manly, sandals), using an IDPA target. 10/10 on at 13.8 seconds. 8 minus 1 and 2 zero, a minus 8 score. Not a very good group. I thought I would do better. It is more difficult than I thought it would be. G19 G5 MOS, Holosun 507C, JMCK Wing Claw 2.5. I want to run it again in the next couple of days with my PX4CC but I need to check zero on it first.
    Last edited by medmo; 07-20-2022 at 04:59 PM.

User Tag List