Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Indiana Food Court inspired drills

I was at the range a week ago testing different carry ammo and I did, as always, some longer range shooting. The purpose of that session was to see if to stay with a regular pressure or +P. I then thought about it in connection to Eli's performance and that we all seem to be running the Dickens drills with our practice ammo while accurate and fast splitting with +P is a bit harder. I then realized that we don't even know what ammo he used. @BehindBlueI's, is there more info about the technical aspects of that case that can be shared, or it all still remains a privileged info?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I was at the range a week ago testing different carry ammo and I did, as always, some longer range shooting. The purpose of that session was to see if to stay with a regular pressure or +P. I then thought about it in connection to Eli's performance and that we all seem to be running the Dickens drills with our practice ammo while accurate and fast splitting with +P is a bit harder. I then realized that we don't even know what ammo he used. @BehindBlueI's, is there more info about the technical aspects of that case that can be shared, or it all still remains a privileged info?
    I never bothered to learn what ammo he used.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I was at the range a week ago testing different carry ammo and I did, as always, some longer range shooting. The purpose of that session was to see if to stay with a regular pressure or +P. I then thought about it in connection to Eli's performance and that we all seem to be running the Dickens drills with our practice ammo while accurate and fast splitting with +P is a bit harder. I then realized that we don't even know what ammo he used.
    My 133PF 125gr practice ammo feels very similar to my 147 HST carry ammo. DocGKR's list provides a good range of options, and I prefer standard pressure 147 for the reason you mention--and because it's not as loud.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I generally shoot Timmy drills with Speer Lawman when I’m trying to assess actual CCW performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I never bothered to learn what ammo he used.
    I heard somewhere that Federal headstamped brass was there.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was HST.

Do you have an idea if the brass was nickel plated? That would be a pretty good assumption of ammo model then.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I generally shoot Timmy drills with Speer Lawman when I’m trying to assess actual CCW performance.

I heard somewhere that Federal headstamped brass was there.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was HST.

Do you have an idea if the brass was nickel plated? That would be a pretty good assumption of ammo model then.

I only saw it on film, I was at the other end of the mall and didn't go into the food court personally. I *think* nickel, but I wouldn't swear to it under oath.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My 133PF 125gr practice ammo feels very similar to my 147 HST carry ammo. DocGKR's list provides a good range of options, and I prefer standard pressure 147 for the reason you mention--and because it's not as loud.
    My reloads with 147g Blue Bullets with 4.5g of Longshot clock within a few FPS of the G2 I carry. That way I can say I am training instead of gaming...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 10-12-2022 at 08:01 PM.

User Tag List