Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Food Court inspired drills

Indiana Food Court inspired drills

Here’s a drill/eval: “Indiana Intervention”

Note: shot “cold”.
    Target: (1) Pepper Popper, B/C silhouette or equivalent
    Range: 25 or 40 yards(whatever can be accommodated)
    Start: Concealed if you’re feeling sporty, or “ready”.
    Rounds to be fired: 10; if par used, 8/10 hits to”pass”.
    Timed or Comstock; if Comstock, all hits +5, misses -10. If timed, 10 second par @25, 15 seconds for 40 yards.

@JCN, @GJM, @Mr White, @HCM, @BBI - what do you think?

I’ll make a run at it and post later.

Just a note: shot GSSF Camp Perry last weekend on new GSSF target, 15 second par on turning target. Result: 2 points down @25, just outside the 8” center ring. Practice will continue…
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-20-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I saw they changed the timeline from 2 minutes to 15 seconds before the suspect was neutralized. Suspect was hit 8 out of 10 times. Very well done.
    That’s the Defoor hat qual if you’re using a red dot: 10 rounds in 15 seconds from concealment at 25 yards. Pretty solid shooting. Better than most LE I know would have been able to do, for sure.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Here’s a drill/eval: “Indiana Intervention”

Note: shot “cold”.
    Target: (1) Pepper Popper, B/C silhouette or equivalent
    Range: 25 or 40 yards(whatever can be accommodated)
    Start: Concealed if you’re feeling sporty, or “ready”.
    Rounds to be fired: 10
    Timed or Comstock; if Comstock, all hits +5, misses -10. If timed, 10 second par.

@JCN, @GJM, @Mr White, @HCM, @BBI - what do you think?

I’ll make a run at it and post later.
    @JCS sent me this:

Name:  58C17101-99F7-4CA8-AACC-D976DBB6E05E.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  34.3 KB

The things that make it remarkable are that he was moving (and the target likely moving).

I hope they publicize the crap out of this and make the little active shooter weenie wannabes scared that their plans of glory can be snuffed out by good guys with guns.

I also hope this spawns copycat GOOD GUYS who are motivated to train and give up that stupid mantra of “I only need to shoot at 7 yards.”

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @JCS sent me this:

I hope they publicize the crap out of this and make the little active shooter weenie wannabes scared that their plans of glory can be snuffed out by good guys with guns.
    In my non-professional, just average dude opinion, I doubt it will have much effect. Seems most of these active shooters are on a one way trip, and are just trying to bring some unfortunate folks with them for the voyage.

I think of it as self-assisted suicide with a shit ton of collateral damage. I'm sure Glenn can speak more on it.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

@JCS sent me this:

The things that make it remarkable are that he was moving (and the target likely moving).

I also hope this spawns copycat GOOD GUYS who are motivated to train and give up that stupid mantra of “I only need to shoot at 7 yards.”
    “Dicken” looks pretty good. Only comment I’d make is screw the “zero confirmation”. No cold sight pictures, etc. Load up, step up, run it.
    Better yet, go to range and shoot it w/your “carry gear” and ammo.
    Try it, tiger…I intend to.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    “Dicken” looks pretty good. Only comment I’d make is screw the “zero confirmation”. No cold sight pictures, etc. Load up, step up, run it.
    Better yet, go to range and shoot it w/your “carry gear” and ammo.
    Try it, tiger…I intend to.
    I’ll run it at 25 yards, but I would offer that in order to hit a person 8/10 times under those conditions you would want square range accuracy of probably 10/10 in a 6-8” circle.

So when practicing, I would try for a higher standard than on performance day.

I’ll run it at 25 yards, but I would offer that in order to hit a person 8/10 times under those conditions you would want square range accuracy of probably 10/10 in a 6-8” circle.

So when practicing, I would try for a higher standard than on performance day.
    Agreed; and push outside the parameters. For example, how many hits can one put on a locked upright popper @50 yards, 15 second time limit? Or, move from a 40 yard line to the 25, firing. The permutations are many.
    My point is: DO NOTHING before the run that you wouldn’t “normally” do. If you dryfire a few times before you go out the door, good for you.
    That young man did not know he was going to have that challenge that day. If he had, one option was not to be there or exit the area. Farnam and others might recommend the latter. I’m glad he was and stepped up, and I’m sure other folks are too.

Would a separate thread work better for discussion around drill performance? I've got some results from recent sessions, but don't want to muddy the thread.
    Taking a break from social media.

Fine by me…

“Indiana Food Court Challenge”?

Site Supporter
    I’d pay good green money to see Mr White do this.

User Tag List