Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Food Court inspired drills

For long term Site Supporters in Ohio, I would consider making my range available for extended distances. I'm near London.

Send a PM and we may be able to work something out. I can think of a number of Ohio folks, but I know several have private ranges as well.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    For long term Site Supporters in Ohio, I would consider making my range available for extended distances. I'm near London.

Send a PM and we may be able to work something out. I can think of a number of Ohio folks, but I know several have private ranges as well.
    If my range is more centrally located to the group, I can host as well.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    To be fair, it’s left handed freestyle with a cartridge that doesn’t recoil (which is one of the hardest things about WHO) and he missed one and delta’d another.

I would rather have a six shot 38 or a five shot 9mm personally.
    As a left hander I feel culturally appropriated.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Was there any cover, concealment, and/or bracing (the pistol against an object)?
    I don't know any more on that then is in the news.

**Edit, I just realized this is a publicly accessible part of the site, so that's it for now**
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    That’s the Defoor hat qual if you’re using a red dot: 10 rounds in 15 seconds from concealment at 25 yards. Pretty solid shooting. Better than most LE I know would have been able to do, for sure.
    Shot it back in April with my G26 in 14+. Didn't have anything to keep my phone standing, half video is a blackout. Didn't have a B8 with me so I took down the IPSC target with shootnsee to check at home. That one hit was a 7 so pass at 92 points.

I wanna Defoor hat now.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

The things that make it remarkable are that he was moving (and the target likely moving).
    Since there are multiple reports of him bracing his Glock against a post or something, I'd wait for more info on how much SOM and from what distances ought to be done.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Interesting thread. Thank goodness for that young man being in the right place at the right time.

At the risk of sounding timmie, I don't believe the hard part of that engagement was the technical shooting. The really hard part was recognizing something bad was happening, and having the mental discipline to know when to deploy lethal force, do that in an appropriate amount, and not shoot a number of innocents in the process. Frankly, even if his marksmanship wasn't as effective as it was, if it changed the motivation of the shooter and the BG retreated to his "safe place" in the bathroom, it would have ended the killing of others.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Indiana Food Court inspired drills

I tried it a few different ways. I know I know cold. I did shoot it legitimately cold on the first go though.

COLD. 40 yards: 1 shot then sprinted a few yards forward and diagonal stopped shot 3 with one FTF (tap rack bang), sprinted forward and diagonal to about 30 yards and shot the last 5. 14.95 seconds. Not great. Running and reacquiring while trying to keep it under 15 seconds was hard for me. FN509 w Holosun 508t.

The rest was just for my enjoyment and information.

-Circles are from 40 yards with G 43 9 rnds. 11.68 sec. Irons. Ouch.

– Xs are from 50 yards after 10 burpees 14.02 sec. Fn w/dot

- Squares are from about 55 yards after hundred yard run and using rear corner of building for concealment and stability 13.66 sec. Fn w/dot. Shot 11 accidentally.

- Unmarked was from 40yrds “don’t miss” [emoji849]headshot 13.94 sec. FN /dot

Everything was 15 sec par time. Everything from concealment.

I did the exercises to try to replicate my heart rate after a adrenaline dump. I doubt it’s that realistic but better than nothing.

Conditions where great 90degrees and very good light with sun.

Rear corner of structure is about 55-57 yards.
    Last edited by Risto; 07-20-2022 at 07:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Might need confirmation on the dynamics of encounter before an accurate test can be devised.

Was either shooter moving? Was Dicken braced against something or not?

I just read that Dicken may have had XS Big Dot sights on his handgun. Good for close range engagements but challenging for many at distance.

8 hits of 10 on an IPSC or IDPA target at 40 yards in 15 seconds is a good place to start.

Well, all this activity and discussion is quite satisfying to me, gentlemen. As I typed earlier in this thread, there could be a number of permutations. I’m going to try and get to an outdoor range Friday. Until then, I took a reduced silhouette and hung it on our indoor range at 25y. I had in my bag a G44 which has a red fiber front, and since I had gotten some information that our man used a G19 w/standard sights,thought I’d run 10 rounds, cold, with it.
    Cold run results: basically 10 torso hits at 25y in 12 seconds and change from a ready. I think it would have been discouraging to a recipient. (BTW, Federal “Punch” seems to shoot a tad low for me.)
    Ok; so the G44 is a .22 rimfire, and someone earlier mentioned that a rimfire may not get through mags, clothing, etc.
    Very well, head shots it is then: 25y, 15 seconds on the timer from the ready, 10 rounds.
    Result: 8 of 10 hits from throat to forehead in just under 16 seconds. A.22 rimfire would probably work I believe. @GJM comments are spot on too.
    I’ll report if/when I can get to longer distance.
    And thank God again for that young man…
    (BTW, if someone can send me a tutorial on posting images, this ol’deputy would appreciate it!)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    On the competition side (uspsa) when I was shooting people bitched and whined more about targets at 25+ yards than almost any other stage design is however was designing the stages could make.
    Can I take a second to publicly apologize for this word salad paragraph in what is a really good thread.

I meant to say that people bitched and moaned about targets being placed at 25+ yards more than they complained about just about any other decision a stage designer could make.

User Tag List