Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCM charging handle - which size?

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I’ve found the Geissele Airborne charging handle to be the best balance of size, functionality, and gas to the face reduction.
    Yes the Airborne is great. The Geissele Super charging handle sucks. I ordered it by accident on Black Friday a few years ago and I ended up grinding down and rounding the sharp point on each side to make it about the size of the Airborne. When slung it would dig into my chest and make my wife wonder why I was coming home from "the range" with hickeys on my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Yes the Airborne is great. The Geissele Super charging handle sucks. I ordered it by accident on Black Friday a few years ago and I ended up grinding down and rounding the sharp point on each side to make it about the size of the Airborne. When slung it would dig into my chest and make my wife wonder why I was coming home from "the range" with hickeys on my chest.
    Agreed. I actually think the Radian Raptor's shape does a little better about not poking me, but the Geissele definitely handles gas to the face better when running suppressed.

I haven't tried the Raptor SD with the vent holes, but the overwhelming majority of opinions on it have said it doesn't help much over the normal Raptor.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Agreed. I actually think the Radian Raptor's shape does a little better about not poking me, but the Geissele definitely handles gas to the face better when running suppressed.

I haven't tried the Raptor SD with the vent holes, but the overwhelming majority of opinions on it have said it doesn't help much over the normal Raptor.
    My limited experience with the Raptor SD is that it helps make a decently gassed gun a little bit better (Especially combined with the silicone trick) but it will not substantially mitigate the problems of an overgassed gun with a can on it.

Site Supporter
    Thanks all!

Ordered a 4x4 today.

User Tag List