Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a Double Pistol Mag Pouch for Range

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    If you get the regular one and not the gap version it will work. Esstac makes good stuff.
    https://esstac.com/double-pistol-kwyi-pouch/

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Eagle is still around but don’t do much retail, nor do the make the FB mag pouches you are likely thinking of.

The people who ran Eagle back in the day now run First Spear.

Esstac KYWI’s are GTG. If you liked the old Eagle FB pouches you’ll like the Esstacs.
    Yes! Eagle FB is what I have for carbine...or maybe not. Mine have flaps not cord. I'll have to double check. The flap can be secured open to make it an open top pouch.

Went ahead with the ESSTAC. Going to check out the other suggestions as well for my other belt.
    Last edited by Redhat; 07-20-2022 at 01:12 PM.

I like, and use, HSGI Taco pouches, for use on molle systems. I have two of the single mag pouches on my Ronin belt. I also use one of the extended versions for my ASP.

https://skdtac.com/hsgi-belt-mounted-pistol-taco-pouch/

https://skdtac.com/hsgi-extended-pis...t-pouch-molle/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Yes! Eagle FB is what I have for carbine...or maybe not. Mine have flaps not cord. I'll have to double check. The flap can be secured open to make it an open top pouch.

Went ahead with the ESSTAC. Going to check out the other suggestions as well for my other belt.
    The classic Eagle FB pouches don’t have cords. The had flaps that could be folded back and secured out of the way to function as an open top mag pouch.

Those are long gone. You might find old stock on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The classic Eagle FB pouches don’t have cords. The had flaps that could be folded back and secured out of the way to function as an open top mag pouch.

Those are long gone. You might find old stock on eBay.
    Yeah I checked my old gear and that's the one I have. Too bad, I liked the versatility of that design.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have had good luck with Blade-Tech’s signature double magazine pouch with the ASR belt attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same but with the Tech-Lock. Use them at work and on my own and have never had an issue (and retention of the magazine is a big thing for me).

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I have an Esstac GAP double KYWI pouch mounted to the MOLLE webbing on my vest using Malice clips.

I'm unsure of why they say it wouldn't work. It just overlaps into the neighboring spots more, is all.
    I also have the gap version of a double Kywi on two different MOLLE-covered duty belts, and my experience is the same: increased overlap with adjacent columns of MOLLE. This can make placement of another pouch immediately adjacent to the Kywi a little more difficult, but not insurmountable.

Lately I've been getting into Defense Mechanisms pouches. I like that they come in different lengths so you can pick the model best suited for how much of your magazine you want to protrude. With the Kywi, you'd have to trim the Kydex insert to do that, or stick something inside the pouch to act as a spacer to bump up the magazine.

Oh, Esstac also offers angled versions of the Kywi in a couple different cants, which is kinda cool, but only come with Velcro OneWrap mounting straps and probably won't work if you're intending to use them on a padded MOLLE belt.

Got the Esstac pouches today. I like them but Casey (above) is right. My G19 mags sit just a shade deep, but I'll reserve final judgement until after I work with them a bit.

I may try the Blade-Tech double pouch for my regular belt. I notice they are marked down on their site $26.24

Looks like a site wide sale "Christmas in July"
    Last edited by Redhat; 07-25-2022 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Got the Esstac pouches today. I like them but Casey (above) is right. My G19 mags sit just a shade deep, but I'll reserve final judgement until after I work with them a bit.
    I found that dropping CR123 batteries in the bottom of the pouch worked nicely as a spacer for shorter mags. Pain in the ass to get back out, though.

Taking a look at these Esstac pouches. Is it recommended to run two singles or would a double work well for a general range purpose belt?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List