Thread: Glock 48 slide stuck... help?

Site Supporter

Glock 48 slide stuck... help?

Hi, all.

I've got a perplexing situation. I was re-assembling my G48 this evening, and while putting the slide back on the barrel somehow got in a very strange orientation. I cannot figure out how to rectify it. The slide will not move backward enough to engage the slide stop. It's like the barrel slid forward somehow. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Note that I do have a Gadget installed but that doesn't appear to be the problem. Here are the pics. Thank you.

Looks like you didn't have the RSA properly aligned when you put the slide back on, and everything kind of fell out of position during reassembly.

If it was me, I'd hold it upside down, and lightly tap on the back of the slide with a lightweight wood dowel- but that's just me, YMMV and INAGS, ect.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

What Joe said (although you may need some pretty good tapping action) - and it would not hurt to also be pulling down on the two tabs on the frame above the trigger which you do when removing the slide (my nomenclature is eluding me at the moment). And yes, you might need some help doing this.

ETA: Try to tap on the slide itself, not the Gadget.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Site Supporter
    Fixed it. Phew. I tried gently pulling the trigger while moving the slide back and forth and that it allowed it to slide forward and off. No tapping necessary. Went back on the right way. Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

User Tag List