Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A compliant AK

Site Supporter

A compliant AK

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/kommander-103/

For those of us in compliant, ban states. It's tempting. The compliant ARs always looked sort of Frankensteinish to me. The idea of fixed capacity 'mag' as the TOPS shooter modified isn't an attractive gun.

It's just a thought. My PCC and 10/22 have this configuration, so it's certainly shootable.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Nice to see K-USA bringing back the “Saiga” line!

These are good rifles for those behind enemy lines.

Having been shooting a Kashnikov with a fin grip for the last couple years as my primary rifle, I will say it isn’t that much of a hindrance once you get used to it but I can see the desire and benefit for wanting a traditional stock configuration.

The K-USA guns I’ve seen and handled have been very nice and a 103 side folder will be my first gun purchase once I escape Kalifornia.

I have always held the opinion the Saigas were one of the best ban compliant options out there, except for the fact they're not available anymore. Throw a Krebs MK VII ambi safety on there and you might really have something.

Name:  akm7.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  55.1 KB

The only thing I would do different is make it take 870 or M500 stocks so a person could put a Magpul SGA on it. Maybe someone will make an adapter for the SGA stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I have always held the opinion the Saigas were one of the best ban compliant options out there, except for the fact they're not available anymore. Throw a Krebs MK VII ambi safety on there and you might really have something.

Name:  akm7.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  55.1 KB

The only thing I would do different is make it take 870 or M500 stocks so a person could put a Magpul SGA on it. Maybe someone will make an adapter for the SGA stock.
    I like the way you think. I have no doubt that this rifle configuration will do well. It seems a bit more turn-key than the Fightlite SCR AR system (and hopefully will be far more easily available).
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Nice to see K-USA bringing back the “Saiga” line!
    My first thought when I saw it was they’re bringing the Norinco Hunter back.

EDIT: The more I look at it, the more I can see it as a detachable magazine SKS without the hassles of a detachable magazine SKS. If they can get the price down (who am I kidding?), I’d be interested in picking one up as an experiment.
    Last edited by awp_101; 07-19-2022 at 11:11 AM.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

If I were in a ban state and wanted an AK, that would seem to be a good option.

A less expensive option would be the SKS Paratrooper. Of course it was never used by paratroopers, but it is an import name for an SKS with a 16" barrel as opposed to the 20" barrel for a standard SKS. You would be giving up a detachable magazine of an AK. But since it doesn't have a detachable magazine, you would not have to worry about removing the bayonet or bayonet lug. I probably would remove the bayonet because of the weight and because I don't imagine I would need one.

Here are some links to some on sale for gunbroker. I imagine you could pick one up for half of the price of that NY legal AK.

But it now for $625 plus $75 shipping: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/940108586

For $700: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/940324564

For $700: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/939730537

I like it. Now give us a 12.5 other (they already do it with their shotgun below) and I'll pull some G's getting my credit card in play.

Name:  KOMRAD-right-web-scaled-1-1000x1000.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  14.0 KB

Site Supporter
    This why the gun is less dangerous than a 223 : https://twitter.com/i/status/1549821418757468161

Oh,dear! Ancient weapons of war are OK!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    This why the gun is less dangerous than a 223 : https://twitter.com/i/status/1549821418757468161

Oh,dear! Ancient weapons of war are OK!
    In the mid 00s I saw a video, that was probably made in the 90s, of a Chief of Police somewhere showing how much more dangerous an AK is over an SKS!

He shot at a concrete road divider with the AK and took a chunk out. Nothing happened shooting the SKS! [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849] Obviously the evil pistol grip and bayonet lug made all the difference. It not that he could have intentionally missed. I mean 7.62 is much less bad from a 20in barrel vs a 16in!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Years ago I snagged a package deal from a cop in Cali. It was a front half converted saiga. Optic, light and good sling it was a damn capable rifle. Those polymer saiga stocks are easy to put a QD swivel pocket in.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List