Thread: 10/22 stock/chassis options?

10/22 stock/chassis options?

After following another thread on 10/22 build, I started thinking about doing a tacticool build. The other thread mentioned the Midwest Industries chassis that uses AR furniture. I like it because take down and assembly seem simple.

I looked up some other AR style chassis but they completely enclosed the Ruger receiver and bold down using the factory top rail mounting holes.

If you're looking for something PRS-ish, KRG makes a Bravo for the 10/22, I think MDT has 1 or more chassis for the 10/22 and both PMACA and Enoch Industries make chassis. All except the KRG can take AR furniture (the KRG is an actual stock) and none enclose the top of the action.

I've got the KRG and built a Charger on a PMACA chassis that I then turned into a carbine and gave to my Grandson last Christmas. I'd use either again but I do want to try something from MDT and Enoch as well. Any excuse to keep adding 10/22 projects, right?

IIRC @Hizzie has been happy with his Enoch build.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

The KRG looks nice! It’s like my existing Magpul stock on steroids. I wish I knew about it before I bought the Magpul… only a little more than $100 over the Magpul

I don't like my KRG, as I had receiver/barrel alignment issues with mine. It was in the initial release of stocks, and I think they were surprised how many people had problems,. I even bought a new receiver just cause I thought my original Ruger might be the problem. They issued an updated hardware kit that solved the problem, but I waited a bit for it, and it kinda soured me on it

I really like the enoch, but damn it's pricey, especially since I don't think it comes with a stock. I might replace the KRG with the Victor Titan, and chop the stock to fit my boy

Commenting just to follow...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I don't like my KRG, as I had receiver/barrel alignment issues with mine. It was in the initial release of stocks, and I think they were surprised how many people had problems,. I even bought a new receiver just cause I thought my original Ruger might be the problem. They issued an updated hardware kit that solved the problem, but I waited a bit for it, and it kinda soured me on it

I really like the enoch, but damn it's pricey, especially since I don't think it comes with a stock. I might replace the KRG with the Victor Titan, and chop the stock to fit my boy
    I’d forgotten about the Titan, thanks for the reminder.

My experience with the Bravo has been limited to one range trip but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have alignment issues. Maybe I didn’t have any issues then because I’m still running a factory pencil barrel. I got sidetracked with other wants and projects so never followed through with getting a .920 to replace it.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I've got a Titan in the closet I've never gotten around to installing.

I need to get off my ass and pickup a suitable barrel and finish it up.

Just saw a YouTube video of someone installing the Midwest chassis. The part that factory receiver fits into was a TIGHT fit… it took a bit of hammering to get it in. The takedown screw is the secured to 55 in/lbs. I guess the tight fit is good because it allows the barrel to be free floated. But I’m curious how difficult it would be to take down the gun to remixed the bolt for cleaning/maintenance.

User Tag List