Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ammo question for an old P6.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The P239 is known to be highly reliable, correct?
    yes, I edc'ed one for about 5-6 years, they had the reputation of being as good as the full size guns, P228, 226, 220, reliable and accurate

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I would say it is. That seems to be the consensus based on what I’ve gleaned over the years as an internet gun nerd. Mine have all been very reliable. I have 2 9mms and one in .357 Sig. It was used by various police agencies and federal agencies… including the secret service and homeland security, I believe.

Here’s my take on it, if you’re curious: https://hipstertactical.com/blog/sig...w-combat-carry
    Matty, that's an excellent review of the P239. Actually, ALL of your reviews on that site are well worth a read. Thanks for the link/rabbit hole....

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Matty, that's an excellent review of the P239. Actually, ALL of your reviews on that site are well worth a read. Thanks for the link/rabbit hole....

Best, Jon
    Thanks, Jon. I really appreciate that. Means a lot coming from a knowledgeable, experienced person like you. Just my perspectives/opinions (hopefully) expressed in an entertaining way.

Thanks for checking it out!
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    The only jhp round I recall that it fed before the barrel swap was Federal 9BP 115gr.
    This was going to be my recommendation. The 9BP/BPLE and the old Remington 115 jhp would often feed in guns that generally just liked ball. I shot MANY a round of the old Remington 115 JHP +P in an old Hi Power that was unmodified other than a heavy recoil spring.

User Tag List