Thread: Rossi 44 mag lever action

Rossi 44 mag lever action

Found one of these at a local auction. Worth bidding for?
    Any experiences with a 44 lever action? Anyone did any form of hunting close up with one?

I've played with a couple Rossi 357 lever guns and they worked well. I do know that there is quite a bit that a smith can do to make them slick. Truth be told, I want one in 44 too.

Site Supporter
    I have been shooting a couple of them off and on for roughly 30 years. I have several friends that have them also. Probably 7 or so in my immediate group, in .357, .44 mag and .480. Good or bad the older ones are just straight Win 92 copies. In my experience the .44 mag tends to be picky about .44 spl ammo. I love them and have been debating hunting down a Ranch Hand to SBR with a slightly shorter than normal stock on it.

I had a Rossi stainless 16" 44MAG lever gun and loved it. It was a lazer beam gun and pleasant to shoot with hot 44 ammo. I kick myself dailly for selling it. I'd like to have another one some day. The weird bolt safety was strange but nothing to worry about.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Big fan of that handy little carbine. Mine is a 16 inch barrel in 357 mag. Cheap enough that I don't care if I scratch it, and I'm not compelled to spend a lot of money on accessorizing. Yet, somehow, it has become the handiest long gun I own.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ordinary guy

I have a Rossi .357mag with the 16” barrel. Love this little rifle! Likes everything I’ve ran through it so far. With .38s the recoil is almost non-existent and very mild with full house .357s. I imagine the 44 mag would be about the same. They do take a little breaking in. But they smooth out nicely after a while. And they are gems to carry in the woods! Best $520 I’ve spent on a rifle!

User Tag List