Thread: Tried To Remove My Scope...Stripped The Screw

Tried To Remove My Scope...Stripped The Screw

I just bought a Bushnell First Strike 2.0 red dot sight and mounted it on my 6 inch 617. I had been using a C-More with 12 MOA and wanted to see if a smaller sight could be better.

I like the 3 MOA dot for accuracy. Tomorrow I'll check it out for speed.

I wanted to take it off the 6 inch gun and put it on my new 4 inch 617. Feeling is the shorter gun will track faster.

When taking the mount off one of the screws stripped and the other was locked in place, head stripped and the Loctite would not budge. I had to borrow a drill press from a friend, it was my press that I lent him 5 years ago. We simply drilled to top of the screw until it popped off and then used a vice grip to unscrew the rest of the screw.

Got it out so now I'll mount the Bushnell on the 4 inch and mount an LPA sight on the 6 inch model.

Name:  4 inch sstock facing  right.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  45.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    I just bought a Bushnell First Strike 2.0 red dot sight and mounted it on my 6 inch 617. I had been using a C-More with 12 MOA and wanted to see if a smaller sight could be better.

I like the 3 MOA dot for accuracy. Tomorrow I'll check it out for speed.

I wanted to take it off the 6 inch gun and put it on my new 4 inch 617. Feeling is the shorter gun will track faster.

When taking the mount off one of the screws stripped and the other was locked in place, head stripped and the Loctite would not budge. I had to borrow a drill press from a friend, it was my press that I lent him 5 years ago. We simply drilled to top of the screw until it popped off and then used a vice grip to unscrew the rest of the screw.

Got it out so now I'll mount the Bushnell on the 4 inch and mount an LPA sight on the 6 inch model.

Name:  4 inch sstock facing  right.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  45.9 KB
    You got a new a new optic, a new revolver and your drill press back. I'd call that a good day!😁

Nice results with the stripped screw. You probably ought to buy a lottery ticket.

User Tag List