Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Haven't thought about WML for a bit, but with the arrival this week of my Macro grip module I've been thinking of getting one. This gun would be for competition/HD use, so I'd need a new R/C holster for it for USPSA, and something to keep it in bedside.

Looking at three options, Holosun P.ID, Baldr S and Streamlight TLR-7a.

The Holosun looks YUGE and I don't know what their track record is like for WMLs. The Baldr has a rechargeable feature which I like from the standpoint of no batteries. I have a small one of theirs as a AAA light that's seen light use, and I would guess their WML would work as well. I have had a Streamlight, analog, old-school light several years ago for my M&P which worked well.

Is there an obvious choice among these three for the Macro, or another supplier to pick from?
    Holster support and track record for the Holosun is minimal.

Olight has some (not top tier) holster support but a very mixed reputation. I wouldn't personally buy one.

Streamlight TLR7A and TLR7sub have the best track record and holster support for a small light. Seems the obvious choice.

There's still really only a few lights which have a track record and level of holster support I would consider acceptable, the TLR7, Streamlight TLR1, and Surefire X300.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Streamlight TLR7A and TLR7sub have the best track record and holster support for a small light. Seems the obvious choice.
    Thanks, yeah, that is kinda the conclusion I came to, just wanted to double check.

Site Supporter
    TLR-7 Sub is a good fit and JM makes holsters for that combo. I think he just added the Macro with the TLR-7A but I'd like to see how open it it around the trigger guard to accommodate the bigger light.
    Name:  20230830_181538.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  28.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    TLR-7 Sub is a good fit and JM makes holsters for that combo. I think he just added the Macro with the TLR-7A but I'd like to see how open it it around the trigger guard to accommodate the bigger light.
    Name:  20230830_181538.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  28.4 KB
    I think the max width of the Sub and 7A at the switches is extremely close, so the same holster opening.

The Holosun P.ID is definitely not for this gun. It may fit, but it's functionally about the size of a TLR-1.

Here's a 10rd P365 length X-Macro frame just back from being cut the a thumb safety. Just waiting on an extended safety to be available. This is essentially a direct competitor to the Gen5 G26 MOS so many want, but thinner.
    Attachment 108180
    Maybe, but how much that work to have the Macro sized grip cut down to 365 length and added backstrap cost?

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    Maybe, but how much that work to have the Macro sized grip cut down to 365 length and added backstrap cost?

Jerry
    Wasn't concerned with the cost. For the role that gun plays for me it's a better option. And as a long time Glock shooter, I've come to prefer the P365 Seriesguns for carry.

Wasn't concerned with the cost. For the role that gun plays for me it's a better option. And as a long time Glock shooter, I've come to prefer the P365 Seriesguns for carry.
    Understand but after seeing what some of those grip modules run plus of the firearm cost, it puts it right at the cost of my G26.5 MOS and RDS. Almost twice the price if I had waited for the BL version.

But we all have our wants and desires. And I am surely not the one to tell someone not to spend their money. Enjoy! Looks like a cool pistol.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    Understand but after seeing what some of those grip modules run plus of the firearm cost, it puts it right at the cost of my G26.5 MOS and RDS. Almost twice the price if I had waited for the BL version.

But we all have our wants and desires. And I am surely not the one to tell someone not to spend their money. Enjoy! Looks like a cool pistol.

Jerry
    On the other end of the cost spectrum, YVK won a 365 XL at a match this weekend,
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    On the other end of the cost spectrum, YVK won a 365 XL at a match this weekend,
    Phrasing of this sentence is misleading. YVK won 75% from CO winner, placing towards the bottom of his A class group. Which is actually rich when you finish with six mikes you didn't call. In addition, since Sig 365 line is almost as confusing as Holosun's SCS, I don't exactly know what I got.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List