Page 87 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Trust me, I look every day. I have this tab on my browser "starting page" setup:

https://wilsoncombat.com/accessories...p-modules.html
    Name:  well.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  70.9 KB

double post, sorry.

Site Supporter
    Here's a 10rd P365 length X-Macro frame just back from being cut the a thumb safety. Just waiting on an extended safety to be available. This is essentially a direct competitor to the Gen5 G26 MOS so many want, but thinner.
    Name:  20230808_161005.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  92.7 KB

MBX +1.
    18 rounds and add just a slight bit of length.

Name:  IMG_2251.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  74.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_2252.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  101.3 KB
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I gave up waiting for the Wilson Combat grip module to be released "soon", so I ordered a X-Macro Grip module and a Sig P365X-Macro Magazine Funnel from Proven Outfitters.

Name:  IMG_3061.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  77.3 KB

I really like the magwell; it's nicely machined aluminum, and fits tightly around the lower grip area with a single screw and insert square nut. I'm not sure if Sig has tightened up QC, but whereas previously in dry fire I'd notice a slight movement of the fcu in the grip, this one is noticeably firm with no play I can tell. I put the S backstrap on, as grip circumference with that most closely matched my carry gun (P365X) GC.

I basically ended up with a P365 X-Macro Tacops. Counting up the FCU (used), X-change kit (for the slide, barrel, RSA), magazines (MGW) and now grip module and magwell, I'm up to $621 for a gun which retails for $750. So a slight savings to produce a mixmaster gun. And it was easier for me to spread out the purchases instead of a lump sum. This is going to be targeted for USPSA CO this fall, when I get back to shooting matches.

Name:  IMG_3062.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  67.7 KB
    Last edited by RJ; 08-25-2023 at 01:08 PM.

I gave up waiting for the Wilson Combat grip module to be released "soon", so I ordered a X-Macro Grip module and a Sig P365X-Macro Magazine Funnel from Proven Outfitters.

Name:  IMG_3061.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  77.3 KB

I really like the magwell; it's nicely machined aluminum, and fits tightly around the lower grip area with a single screw and insert square nut. I'm not sure if Sig has tightened up QC, but whereas previously in dry fire I'd notice a slight movement of the fcu in the grip, this one is noticeably firm with no play I can tell. I put the S backstrap on, as grip circumference with that most closely matched my carry gun (P365X) GC.

I basically ended up with a P365 X-Macro Tacops. Counting up the FCU (used), X-change kit (for the slide, barrel, RSA), magazines (MGW) and now grip module and magwell, I'm up to $621 for a gun which retails for $750. So a slight savings to produce a mixmaster gun. And it was easier for me to spread out the purchases instead of a lump sum. This is going to be targeted for USPSA CO this fall, when I get back to shooting matches.

Name:  IMG_3062.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  67.7 KB
    Love this combination

I was able to handle one briefly a few days ago. Another agent had purchased one to replace their P320 X-Compact as an approved personally owned weapon. I liked it. The craziest part to me is that it’s almost dimensionally identical to a G43X but it holds 17+1. The grip module/frame looked like it was maybe 0.1” wider than the G43X/48 frame. I didn’t get to practice reloads or anything but the magazine well gave the impression that reloading would be pretty easy. I’d like to shoot one so I could compare it to my P365X and XL. I might buy the grip module at some point and just slap it onto my XL.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

PSA:

I enquired to Talon as to a granulate grip panel for the Sig OEM Macro grip, since I could not see it in the drop down to order. I had granulate on my G34 and liked it a lot for matches, so I was thinking I’d do the same with the Macro. I got this prompt courteous reply:

“ Richard,
    Thank you for your email. Sig stepped up the factory stipling on the module between the 365X/XL and the X-Macro. Because of the aggressive factory stipling on the Macro, we aren't able to create a quality bond with our Granulate material. The factory stipling creates high points that the material will adhere to, but prevents the rest of the adhesive from properly bonding with the frame. We've played around with re-designing the adhesive compound and even the Granulate material, but at the end of the day we weren't able to bring the bond up to our standards for sale. This is something we're still looking at and want to pursue, but at the moment isn't something we are comfortable with passing onto our customers. Our Rubber and PRO material is a little more pliable and has no issues with adhering to the Macro frames, but until we can improve the Granulate material we will only have Rubber and Pro as an option. Sorry we don't have the answer you're looking for, but hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a good day!

Best Regards,

Dxxxxxxxx

PSA:

I enquired to Talon as to a granulate grip panel for the Sig OEM Macro grip, since I could not see it in the drop down to order. I had granulate on my G34 and liked it a lot for matches, so I was thinking I’d do the same with the Macro. I got this prompt courteous reply:

“ Richard,
    Thank you for your email. Sig stepped up the factory stipling on the module between the 365X/XL and the X-Macro. Because of the aggressive factory stipling on the Macro, we aren't able to create a quality bond with our Granulate material. The factory stipling creates high points that the material will adhere to, but prevents the rest of the adhesive from properly bonding with the frame. We've played around with re-designing the adhesive compound and even the Granulate material, but at the end of the day we weren't able to bring the bond up to our standards for sale. This is something we're still looking at and want to pursue, but at the moment isn't something we are comfortable with passing onto our customers. Our Rubber and PRO material is a little more pliable and has no issues with adhering to the Macro frames, but until we can improve the Granulate material we will only have Rubber and Pro as an option. Sorry we don't have the answer you're looking for, but hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a good day!

Best Regards,

Dxxxxxxxx
    I do really like the PRO material.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Haven't thought about WML for a bit, but with the arrival this week of my Macro grip module I've been thinking of getting one. This gun would be for competition/HD use, so I'd need a new R/C holster for it for USPSA, and something to keep it in bedside.

Looking at three options, Holosun P.ID, Baldr S and Streamlight TLR-7a.

The Holosun looks YUGE and I don't know what their track record is like for WMLs. The Baldr has a rechargeable feature which I like from the standpoint of no batteries. I have a small one of theirs as a AAA light that's seen light use, and I would guess their WML would work as well. I have had a Streamlight, analog, old-school light several years ago for my M&P which worked well.

Is there an obvious choice among these three for the Macro, or another supplier to pick from?

User Tag List