Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I messaged Wilson Combat from their facebook page, and said : Looking forward to your P365X Macro grip frame cut for a manual thumb safety for AIWB carry. So are thousands of other people. Fingers crossed. MAGA !!! Below was their reply. So we'll see. Also, I like the new version P365XL slides with the dovetailed rear sight, so you can adjust or replace it for windage and or elevation if needed.

👍
    So they literally responded with a "thumbs up" emoji? Kewl.

Bought a Macro to try, shot a qual course and grouping to the left consistently from 5-25 yards. Ran a few hundred rounds through it and I couldn’t get consistent head or center mass shots. Sights weren’t off for a few other shooters. I’m thinking it may be me and the trigger. I’m used to Glock and S&W MP (work issued). Ran my duty .45 with no problems. Disappointed thus far, but just my opinion, will revisit again.

Has anyone tried Macro with TLR-7Sub in a JMCK AIWB 2.5 for P365XL with TLR-7Sub? I’ve been reading that chances are good for lightbearing holster compatibility between Macro and XL. Has anyone seen a holster compatibility list or something for Macro and XL?

FYI, Tenicore Holsters now offers their VELO 4 AIWB and Certum 3 AIWB/ IWB holsters for the Sig P365X MACRO pistols. They will also fit MACRO grip frames with P365XL slides.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Bought a Macro to try, shot a qual course and grouping to the left consistently from 5-25 yards. Ran a few hundred rounds through it and I couldn’t get consistent head or center mass shots. Sights weren’t off for a few other shooters. I’m thinking it may be me and the trigger. I’m used to Glock and S&W MP (work issued). Ran my duty .45 with no problems. Disappointed thus far, but just my opinion, will revisit again.
    It’s probably a significant influence of the slimmer grip putting your strong hand in a different position relative to the trigger. When starting with a new gun, it’s a good idea to spend 15 min of intense concentration on where optimal hand and trigger finger position is to not have any lateral sight movement.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    I picked one up today and experienced a left shift for the first couple of mags. I attributed that to having spent the last 2 weeks wringing put a full-size 1911 in 9mm. I took a break to practice some dry fire and then came back. The rest of the day was better.

I fired 50 rounds of 124 gr AE and 50 rounds of 147 HST. No failures on this meager intro session.

Now, this gun is not super accurate in my hands but I had no problem keeping most rounds in the center mass A-zone or head box at 10 yards even when pushing the pace once I became accustomed to the tigger. Despite the integral brake, the gun is noticeably more snappy than a G19 and fairly similar to my slim frame Glocks. So, this gun is not a “Glock killer” for me in a general sense since the G19 offers a much more comfortable ride despite being light on ammo. However, it may be a G48 killer.
    Last edited by Sensei; 11-13-2022 at 09:14 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    It’s probably a significant influence of the slimmer grip putting your strong hand in a different position relative to the trigger. When starting with a new gun, it’s a good idea to spend 15 min of intense concentration on where optimal hand and trigger finger position is to not have any lateral sight movement.
    Good advice, you can also experiment with the other backstraps to see if it helps with trigger finger positioning.

My wife verified zero with Gold Dot on her new Macro we set up with the Macro grip module and an XL upper. I shot mine, too. I really like the pistol, but it is so close to a G19 in size, it doesn't add much for me. The little bit of slimness over the 19 helps my wife AIWB/IWB.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife verified zero with Gold Dot on her new Macro we set up with the Macro grip module and an XL upper. I shot mine, too. I really like the pistol, but it is so close to a G19 in size, it doesn't add much for me. The little bit of slimness over the 19 helps my wife AIWB/IWB.
    It seems like a trade-off to me - the P365X Macro is slimmer with 2 more rounds than a G19, but at the cost of significantly less accuracy and noticeably more recoil…at least in my hand. I’m more consistent with A-zone hits at 15 yards, and follow-ups are much faster and more accurate for me with a G19. My G26 is even significantly more accurate and manageable than the P365X Macro.

I suspect that you’ve already made this comparison given your time at the range, but I’ll try to record some FAST Drill times next week to better quantify the difference in my hand.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Due to my state making 10 rounds the mag capacity limit, I had to modify the floorplates of my 15 round mags to work with the Macro. It functions fine and doesn’t look bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Tag List