Page 47 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Anyone with a Macro or Spectre know if the barrel could be swapped out for a standard XL barrel? Obviously you'd lose the porting, just curious if it would fit and lock up.
    No, won’t work. Doesn’t fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I had read (on the internet) somewhere a while back that sometime in the last 3 years Federal tweaked the standard 147gr HST loading to get a little more bullet penetration, which means a little less expansion.
    I have not dug around any or called Federal yet to see if they could verify this. If anyone knows if it is true and can verify, please share your findings. **If** it is true, it may not be the best combo for the Macro's
    3.1" length barrel.
    From a previous thread in the ammo section -

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Short answer: 147gr changed to increase performance in auto glass testing but now expands less robustly. Penetration is still good. "Old" ammo has one cannelure if you pull a bullet. "New" has two. If there are any new new changes, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    As noted, "new" HST still works fine, but a bit less expansion in order to optimize barrier penetration.
    147 HST was known to have good performance from short barrels at least a few years ago. However, @Chuck Haggard made a curious statement in a recent Primary & Secondary podcast where he said he'd never seen 147 HST expand from a gun smaller than a Glock 19, but it's not clear if he was talking about "street results" or his own testing, or if he made any distinction between old HST and tweaked HST. Perhaps he can tell us more if he sees this.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    From a previous thread in the ammo section -

147 HST was known to have good performance from short barrels at least a few years ago. However, @Chuck Haggard made a curious statement in a recent Primary & Secondary podcast where he said he'd never seen 147 HST expand from a gun smaller than a Glock 19, but it's not clear if he was talking about "street results" or his own testing, or if he made any distinction between old HST and tweaked HST. Perhaps he can tell us more if he sees this.
    That’s interesting and unfortunate if true. I would like to hear more from Chuck and his tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Anyone with a Macro or Spectre know if the barrel could be swapped out for a standard XL barrel? Obviously you'd lose the porting, just curious if it would fit and lock up.
    Won't work. It will get stuck (you will not be able to rack the slide)

Site Supporter
    As to the ammo talk, I use 147gr Gold Dot in P365/XL/G19. Snagged a Macro lower and mags off of GB to try out. I'll use my XL slide with an EPS Carry to try it out them get it itown dedicated slide. Not sure if I'm going to go with an XL or an X with a PMM comp yet. I've been wanting to try out a PMM comp.

Picked mine up this morning. I had a p365 but sold it a few years ago. Ive been wanting another but held off after hearing about the macro. Im used to carrying a p229 appendix. Im super impressed with this gun. I haven't shot it yet but i think the dimensions are perfect. I never could get used to tiny guns. I tried carrying a p30sk but i gound that for me it was too short and wanted to flop forward when carrying appendix. Holding the macro its kinda mind blowing that it holds 17 rounds.

Looks like the Macro will possibly feature a longer slide int future as an option:

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/10/1...n-of-sig-p365/

Last edited by spyderco monkey; 10-13-2022 at 05:23 AM.

Site Supporter
    I'm thinking a WC Macro, an XL slide with PMM comp
    would be a pretty nice set up.

The expanded P365 ecosystem is getting very interesting.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’d be happy with a Macro that came from the factory with a non-ported XL slide and barrel.

Or an XL that has the adjustable backstraps that the Macro frame has.

User Tag List