Page 46 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Shot another 100 rds of blazer brass through my specter comp with an EPS Carry, and so far zero issues with fouling on the glass. 400 rounds so far with EPS Carry and the standard LCI barrel is a non issue. And the standard Holosun screws are also a non issue. They are not too long, and the lactite that's applied to them at the factory is holding just fine.

I got this T-REX Arms OWB "Ironside" ( P365X MACRO) holster today. It fits my MACRO grip frame with the P365XL slide perfectly. The pistol clicks into the holster securely and has no movement at all when in the holster and also draws very smoothly. Along with adjustable retention it is also adjustable for cant. It also tucks into your side very nice. I wanted an OWB holster for this pistol, but also plan on getting a Tenicore Certum 3 IWB/ AIWB holster for the pistol when they becomes available. The holster is priced at $60.

I had a change to briefly handle a Macro today. I liked it more than I thought I would.

I’m looking forward to Wilson’s inevitable grip module. That and a couple of magazines would be interesting on my XL as a larger holster gun.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Fired about 25 rounds through one today. Had a Holosun and a TLR7 on it. I like it enough to consider buying it on the secondary market. Depending on how prices look once they get mags and accesories on the SIg website, I may even buy a new one and maybe it'll replace the G43x (not likely as I use an SCD).

I did have 3 FTE malfunctions shooting the Browning 115gr ammo. Couldn't quite clear the slide and the rim was pinched between slide and barrel hood. A quick swipe solved the issue.

Noticed the dot low left whereas the G43x points usually low but sometimes low right (a pinky finger issue - sometimes I forget to engage it and results in a low right dot). It's said to have interchangeable back straps so I'd like to see how it changes things. Feels great in my hand, comparable to the 43x with the Sandstorm precision addition.

I'm gonna wait for those accessories to get listed on Sig's website and go from there.

EDIT:

I'm reading through the thread but I haven't come across info on red dot optics. What models work with this slide? Does it need an optics plate?
    Last edited by Jay585; 09-24-2022 at 08:41 PM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

the slide cut looks identical to Specter Comp. If that is the case, EPS Carry mounts directly without any adapter plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    the slide cut looks identical to Specter Comp. If that is the case, EPS Carry mounts directly without any adapter plates.
    What other optics share the same footprint?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    What other optics share the same footprint?
    It can fit the Holosun 407K and 507K (NOT 407C/507C) and the Holosun EPS Carry (not the regular EPS or if it did it would be much wider than the slide).

Most people feel those are the best optics that fit on this footprint.

It is also compatible with the Sig Romeo Zero, Shield RMSC, and probably some Swampfox stuff.

Just picked one up and shot it this past weekend. I love this pistol, it fits my hand perfectly, points well, and is extremely soft shooting. Going to use it as my introduction to the dot game once I can get my hands on a Holosun EPS carry.

I bought some 147 HST’s for my 19 to replace older ammo and picked some up for this. Do you think the 147’s would perform well? I ran two mags through it and they all fed just fine. My concern is with terminal ballistic performance.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by cclark View Post
    Just picked one up and shot it this past weekend. I love this pistol, it fits my hand perfectly, points well, and is extremely soft shooting. Going to use it as my introduction to the dot game once I can get my hands on a Holosun EPS carry.

I bought some 147 HST’s for my 19 to replace older ammo and picked some up for this. Do you think the 147’s would perform well? I ran two mags through it and they all fed just fine. My concern is with terminal ballistic performance.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    I had read (on the internet) somewhere a while back that sometime in the last 3 years Federal tweaked the standard 147gr HST loading to get a little more bullet penetration, which means a little less expansion.
    I have not dug around any or called Federal yet to see if they could verify this. If anyone knows if it is true and can verify, please share your findings. **If** it is true, it may not be the best combo for the Macro's
    3.1" length barrel.

Site Supporter
    Anyone with a Macro or Spectre know if the barrel could be swapped out for a standard XL barrel? Obviously you'd lose the porting, just curious if it would fit and lock up.

User Tag List