Page 39 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I don't mean the Mil. I mean those of us who run a P320 and still don't like how Sig handled the whole thing or those of us who still lack full confidence in it. There are plenty of us, (even though I seem to own a shitload more of their stuff than anything else these days). As far as it not being a smart business move that would be highly debatable. What I am talking about is the exact same thing Sig has been doing with the whole P365 line and it has been insanely successful. For example originally the P365 model was released then the XL, then the P365X after that the Spectre Comp, .380 model and now the Macro. Sig has also changed slide designs and are offering all slide models with optics cut and BUIS. All models have or are about to have slides released for all guns on this line, all which have an extremely high degree of parts compatibility.

Instead of redesigning whole new guns time can be better spent reusing some of the existing components, saving lots of R&D time. Look at the .380 model. Slide, barrel RSA and mag swap, mag is mostly the same. This is a cost savings to the company and a benefit to the customer. If several models use the same barrel and other internal components that means fewer tool head swaps, less down time, fewer tools on the tool head potentially and higher output over all. I would think having fewer parts not only decreases cost but could also equate to more time for QC if one allowed. I am a good bit out my wheelhouse and of course this is a lot of conjecture on my part. I'd bet a machinist or manufacturing expert can chime in here and spell it out better than I could but I'm sure you see what I am getting at.
    As the guy who has talked about a scaled up 365 XL as the “320 2.0” it will never happen. The Macro is as close as we are likely to see.

Gun companies exist to make money, not guns. The .MIL has 320s because SIG bid low on the MHS contract. They assessed (correctly) that winning the MHS contract would be a license to print money. That success is, in some ways a trap. SIG is not going to kill the golden goose.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As the guy who has talked about a scaled up 365 XL as the “320 2.0” it will never happen. The Macro is as close as we are likely to see.

Gun companies exist to make money, not guns. The .MIL has 320s because SIG bid low on the MHS contract. They assessed (correctly) that winning the MHS contract would be a license to print money. That success is, in some ways a trap. SIG is not going to kill the golden goose.
    That is a solid point I did not think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Quick carry update. I’ve been carrying the macro for the past three days. With a TLR7 and 507k attached and it’s been very comfy. My only concealment issue is the corner of the magazine - just like a Glock, since the magazines stick out past the grip and have a hard square corner. Just need some rounded baseplates and I’ll carry this more than my XL.
    Dremel?

Anyone have any clue if there will be a SKU with a manual safety? Apologies if this has been covered already.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Dremel?
    Def would if more baseplates were available in case I messed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’ve been told by our firearms office that LE SKU guns from places like Proven Outfitters are already coming with the new optic cut pattern. I’m assuming that anything produced going forward will have the newer optic cut. It’s probably going to be a little bit before all of the new/old stock guns currently in inventory at dealers and distributors gets sold to make room for the new stuff.
    I ordered one from Proven last week and it came in today with the old optic cut pattern. Not a big deal for me, guess they need to get through the old inventory first

Quote Originally Posted by pr1042 View Post
    I ordered one from Proven last week and it came in today with the old optic cut pattern. Not a big deal for me, guess they need to get through the old inventory first
    Interesting. I’m periodically contemplating picking up a P365XL. I think I’ll hold off for a bit because I’d rather have the rear irons be separate from the plate. I’m mostly holding off due to rumors the agency is testing Holosuns for POW approval. I don’t know if it’s true or not, and I probably won’t dump my Glocks either way so I wouldn’t be carrying the XL, but I’d like the option and don’t have any interest in the Romeo Zero.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone know what the IOP price is on these?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Interesting. I’m periodically contemplating picking up a P365XL. I think I’ll hold off for a bit because I’d rather have the rear irons be separate from the plate. I’m mostly holding off due to rumors the agency is testing Holosuns for POW approval. I don’t know if it’s true or not, and I probably won’t dump my Glocks either way so I wouldn’t be carrying the XL, but I’d like the option and don’t have any interest in the Romeo Zero.
    One of the users here put up a pic of the optic with the new rear sights. For me it was way too cluttered. I like the eps carry rear notch or the 507k rear notch

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    One of the users here put up a pic of the optic with the new rear sights. For me it was way too cluttered. I like the eps carry rear notch or the 507k rear notch
    Ditto. I ordered a new Spectre comp slide and it came with the new sight arrangement which are also suppressor height/super fucking tall whatever. WAY to cluttered for the little window of a 407/507K for me subjectively. I far prefer the vestigial notch of the 407/507k and a clean window.

User Tag List