Page 37 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m not a SIG hater. Carrying 320/365 guns on and duty by choice.

That said, Glover, the GBRS guys and Jack Carr (among others) have ties to SIG so their opinions and impressions are not objective and I don’t trust SIG as a company.
    That was my above point but I think I just worded it inefficiently. Long week. I trust SIG to be a business and as such, their only mission is to sell guns. Kudos for innovation, but that’s just to figure out what sells more guns.

That said, Glover, the GBRS guys and Jack Carr (among others) have ties to SIG so their opinions and impressions are not objective and I don’t trust SIG as a company.
    Your point is understandable, and I am sure people feel the same way about the objectivity of other SME’s affiliated with other gun manufacturers or about Fox News and their ties to mainly one political party and DT.

https://gbrsgroup.com/pages/about

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Your point is understandable, and I am sure people feel the same way about the objectivity of other SME’s affiliated with other gun manufacturers or about Fox News and their ties to mainly one political party and DT.

https://gbrsgroup.com/pages/about
    I’m familiar with them. They were recently here training our Sheriff’s SWAT team.

Re: the other- They (and you) are not wrong.

My own interest in the Macro is all about the grip and mags.

The comp slide will be swapped out for a standard XL slide and either become the genesis of a ghetto mixmaster Spectre Spectre comp XL or get sold off.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-27-2022 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Some more data points p365xl slide on a macro frame (my brother's pistol and my slide). Small grip

10 yard bill drill on b/c steel I can do it in under 3 with the above setup. I was actually able to push my splits to .20 even but with that would come 1-3 misses out of 6 at 10 yards.

At 0.25 no issue getting all 6 hits

First shot was between 1.24 to 1.7 from aiwb. Average around 1.4ish
    I'm okay with the above. In looking at this gun in context the Macro/P365 Spectre Comp is good for what it is designed for. No fuss with real comp, great optics host, slim line gun with more performance than a micro but not quite the performance of a full size. Personally if I can run a gun that carries like a micro 9 but isn't and get better performance without killing myself with the injuries I have or just being down right miserable I am all for it.

I know we like to split minutia here but if the gun can be run in the zone you're talking about with good assessment/accountability at splits speed of .30'ish it is a win. Outside of that most of the P365 and variants are reliable and accurate enough at distance. It is cool to see some innovation but can agree on all fronts with the instant singing of high praises by all it is obnoxious.

Now if we can just it a scaled up P320 slide that runs a 365XL barrel, slide guts and RSA that fits the P365 series FCU we can altogether dump the P320 line and move forward. I really like simplified design of the P365 and adore the modularity and ease of logistics, hopefully Sig folk see this think this is a good idea; if it hasn't been brought up already there. It wouldn't be a huge stretch now we have 17 round mags. If not maybe we'll get someone in the after market side to make us a Brigadierish slide for the 365 FCU line. Having mags that range for usage in a full-size gun into a micro would be freaking epic.

My own interest in the Macro is all about the grip and mags.

The comp slide will be swapped out for a standard XL slide and either become the genesis of a ghetto mixmaster Spectre Spectre comp XL or get sold off.
    This was my thinking but realized I prefer WC frames over Sig.

What you seek is for sale in the firearms forum…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    This was my thinking but realized I prefer WC frames over Sig.

What you seek is for sale in the firearms forum…
    Where?

This week on 'Keeping up with the CarrGloverGBRSians'...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I'm okay with the above. In looking at this gun in context the Macro/P365 Spectre Comp is good for what it is designed for. No fuss with real comp, great optics host, slim line gun with more performance than a micro but not quite the performance of a full size. Personally if I can run a gun that carries like a micro 9 but isn't and get better performance without killing myself with the injuries I have or just being down right miserable I am all for it.

I know we like to split minutia here but if the gun can be run in the zone you're talking about with good assessment/accountability at splits speed of .30'ish it is a win. Outside of that most of the P365 and variants are reliable and accurate enough at distance. It is cool to see some innovation but can agree on all fronts with the instant singing of high praises by all it is obnoxious.

Now if we can just it a scaled up P320 slide that runs a 365XL barrel, slide guts and RSA that fits the P365 series FCU we can altogether dump the P320 line and move forward. I really like simplified design of the P365 and adore the modularity and ease of logistics, hopefully Sig folk see this think this is a good idea; if it hasn't been brought up already there. It wouldn't be a huge stretch now we have 17 round mags. If not maybe we'll get someone in the after market side to make us a Brigadierish slide for the 365 FCU line. Having mags that range for usage in a full-size gun into a micro would be freaking epic.

Agreed and a better shooter could do better on a macro with xl slide. I don't have a use for the actual macro so I am patiently waiting for grip modules to be sold

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Where?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Complete-Lower

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    This week on 'Keeping up with the CarrGloverGBRSians'...
    Have a buddy who is a 3 tour seal. Great dude and amazing guy but just a dude like everyone else.

User Tag List