Page 36 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Here is a review of the Sig P365XL vs the Sig Spectre Comp by some ex operators. They really like the comped pistol. Sig slide comps may not be quite as efficient as some aftermarket comps but their factory comped pistols may very well be more reliable and forgiving with more types of ammo, and when the gun is dirty. I think Sig knows reliable function trumps everything, so they were a little more conservative in their comp design. Also, these days their are several short barrel 9mm ammo loads that pretty much negates the 60-70 fps muzzle velocity loss of a 3.1” barrel but still has adequate expansion and penetration to get the job done. IMHO, if you want a slim concealable pistol with a *full* (no little finger half on and half off the grip) four finger grip and 17+1 capacity, the new Sig Macro wins, especially when using an optic.

https://youtu.be/azL4oAu_JIw
    Last edited by Biggy; 08-26-2022 at 11:16 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Here is a review of the Sig P365XL vs the Sig Spectre Comp by some ex operators. They really like the comped pistol. Sig slide comps may not be quite as efficient as many aftermarket comps but their factory comped pistols may very well be more reliable and forgiving with more types of ammo. I think Sig knows reliable function trumps everything, so they were a little more conservative in their comp design. Also, these days their are several short barrel 9mm ammo loads that pretty much negates the 60-70 fps muzzle velocity loss of a 3.1” barrel nut still has adequate expansion and penetration to get the job done. IMHO, if you want a slim concealable pistol with a *full* (no little finger half on and half off the grip) four finger grip and 17+1 capacity, the new Sig Macro wins, especially when using an optic.

https://youtu.be/azL4oAu_JIw
    I can’t take them seriously. It just seems like every one of their videos has them gushing (as well as the other operator they are convincing to ‘switch’ to SIG) about SIGs products. SIG everything is popping up in their holsters and riding on top of their carbines. I’m not calling them shills, but it seems like a relationship with a major arms manufacturer would be beneficial for a gun training company that’s just starting out. And as a company, I would definitely get my products into their hands; tier one operators = tier one social media advertising. Again, I have no issues apologizing if I’m wrong, it’s just getting hard for me to believe everything is as amazing and game changing as YouTube makes it sound.

Maybe I’m tired and grumpy; and maybe SIG figures it’s cheap and easy to mill ports in a slide and put a short barrel in a gun and call it a comp, riding the wave of the newest buzzwords. Makes sense that it wouldn’t effect reliability if it’s only marginally effective.

Please don’t see this as personally directed at you, I’m just finally commenting on a couple of trends I’ve been seeing intersecting both SIG and YouTube in your one post.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I can’t take them seriously. It just seems like every one of their videos has them gushing (as well as the other operator they are convincing to ‘switch’ to SIG) about SIGs products. SIG everything is popping up in their holsters and riding on top of their carbines. I’m not calling them shills, but it seems like a relationship with a major arms manufacturer would be beneficial for a gun training company that’s just starting out. And as a company, I would definitely get my products into their hands; tier one operators = tier one social media advertising. Again, I have no issues apologizing if I’m wrong, it’s just getting hard for me to believe everything is as amazing and game changing as YouTube makes it sound.

Maybe I’m tired and grumpy; and maybe SIG figures it’s cheap and easy to mill ports in a slide and put a short barrel in a gun and call it a comp, riding the wave of the newest buzzwords. Makes sense that it wouldn’t effect reliability if it’s only marginally effective.

Please don’t see this as personally directed at you, I’m just finally commenting on a couple of trends I’ve been seeing intersecting both SIG and YouTube in your one post.
    No offense taken, as I thought the same thing about them, but who are you going to believe these days about anything. Mike Clover and many more industry SME’s are all pretty much parroting the same thing about their thoughts on the Spectre comp / Macro pistols. So I take it as a clue.

Site Supporter
    No offense taken, as I thought the same thing about them, but who are you going to believe these days about anything. Mike Clover and many more industry SME’s are all pretty much parroting the same thing about their thoughts on the Spectre comp / Macro pistols. So I take it as a clue.
    That’s my point; I don’t. I’m friends with a lot of similar folks. Just so happens that many of them are transitioning out of active service and beginning new careers. Their personalities tend to encourage them to being self led and starting their own businesses. You see them as tier-one operators. They are not; they’re businessmen. I’m much more influenced by @JCN who I don’t know at all but shows up with lots of data.

That’s my point; I don’t. I’m friends with a lot of similar folks. Just so happens that many of them are transitioning out of active service and beginning new careers. Their personalities tend to encourage them to being self led and starting their own businesses. You see them as tier-one operators. They are not; they’re businessmen. I’m much more influenced by @JCN who I don’t know at all but shows up with lots of data.
    Things are constantly changing and the gun industry is no different. Nothing stays the same or cannot be made better in some ways that can give you a bit of an edge. Companies either innovate and change or tend they tend to stagnate and die on the vine so to speak. While we know a comp on a pistol is not really a need, if reliability is not sacrificed, it can give one an edge if you can take advantage of it. In the end everyone will have to decide what and who they believe about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I really like my brother's macro too. My biggest concern is the velocity loss. I carry either 124 grain gold dot or hst or 147 grain hst
    That’s my other concern. 3.1” barrel isn’t much shorter than a 26, 3.46” barrel which is generally still expected to perform. I’m issued Ranger T 127 +P+, which I’m sure will have sufficient velocity for proper expansion. But in the back of my mind I’m curious if there will be a performance drop of the round.

Hi, regarding the Macro. I think both you and @Biggy are correct.

My personal experience with a borrowed Spectre Comp slide (thanks @Mike C ) led me to believe it does more than porting and definitely easier than a standard XL slide.

But… and this is why I canceled my Macro order…

It does significantly less than a traditionally comped pistol.

So if Radian makes an afterburner system for a P365 in the future I would rather do that.

Right now the advantages to the Spectre / Macro system as I see it is for non-free states that don’t allow threaded barrels and for people who don’t want to mess with the extra hassle of an external comp (I’ve been using rocksett so I don’t have to worry about things loosening up when I don’t want them to).

My personal view is that 3.1” barrels are okay but are pushing the lower limit of margin. If you were 40 yards away like Dickens, the additional velocity drop might put Gold Dot below expansion threshold.

I think people are getting really excited for the Macro and it’s pretty sweet.

But most of the reviewers don’t shoot compensated guns regularly to have a good comparison.

In that context, my personal view is that the Macro is good… but still pales to a properly compensated gun in performance.

This is my favorite slide setup currently for the P365 series.

True barrel and Armory Craft steel compensator.

I’ll buy a Macro type grip module later when they’re available. I’d love someone to make an aftermarket grip module with a big flared base as a pseudo magwell.
    Last edited by JCN; 08-27-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    That’s my other concern. 3.1” barrel isn’t much shorter than a 26, 3.46” barrel which is generally still expected to perform. I’m issued Ranger T 127 +P+, which I’m sure will have sufficient velocity for proper expansion. But in the back of my mind I’m curious if there will be a performance drop of the round.
    Some more data points p365xl slide on a macro frame (my brother's pistol and my slide). Small grip

10 yard bill drill on b/c steel I can do it in under 3 with the above setup. I was actually able to push my splits to .20 even but with that would come 1-3 misses out of 6 at 10 yards.

At 0.25 no issue getting all 6 hits

First shot was between 1.24 to 1.7 from aiwb. Average around 1.4ish
    Last edited by G19Fan; 08-27-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Also 50 rounds at 30 yards offhand

https://imgur.com/a/JSjXbu9

Site Supporter
    I’m not a SIG hater. Carrying 320/365 guns on and duty by choice.

That said, Glover, the GBRS guys and Jack Carr (among others) have ties to SIG so their opinions and impressions are not objective and I don’t trust SIG as a company.

User Tag List