Page 35 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: New 365 looks like! P365x macro

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Def not the best shoter here but on a 7 yard bill drill aiming for a clean run

If I am on with a g19 I can get my splits to 0.17 to 0.19 range. I would say normal is 0.20 to 0.22

With my p365xl my splits are probably 0.22 to 0.26 consistently.

With my brothers macro I am around 0.19 to 0.23 consistently

I carry an an xl daily as I don't think people stand stillin a social use situation. Not too worried about the split time difference

My first shot draw is faster and more accurate with the macro grip my brother has vs my g19 or p365xl. G19 is 2nd there.

With both the macro and g19 7 yard draw aiwb to first shot is around 1.2 to 1.3x when on point. I have hit 1 second before with both but def outliers. Aiming for a solid azone hit

My p365xl draw to first shot is probably closer to 1.4 to 1.5 for a solid azone hit.
    Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to break that all down. Sounds like our 19 splits are similar, so the minimal loss in performance is good to hear. Thanks! I assume with the full size grip, reloads are pretty similar between the 19 and Macro?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since I shoot the 365 as my slimline and the 19 as my mid size, I have a pretty good feel. For CCW applications, there is a difference in performance, but probably not enough to matter in most situations. A comp, larger grip and higher capacity magazines shrink that delta. Where the 19 shines, is being able to use a full size optic, better more rust resistant magazines, and retention holsters.
    When I’m working, I’ve been carrying a full size 320 in a retention rig. My interest in the macro is for when I’m not wearing an overt rig and want something concealed, but still capable if needed. Historically my overt/covert combo is a 34/19, but loving my 320, and looking for something slimmer for the covert role/weekends.

Unfortunately I can’t run an aftermarket comp like the PMM, so hopefully the macro’s comp and grip size are enough to bridge the gap into 19 performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    When I’m working, I’ve been carrying a full size 320 in a retention rig. My interest in the macro is for when I’m not wearing an overt rig and want something concealed, but still capable if needed. Historically my overt/covert combo is a 34/19, but loving my 320, and looking for something slimmer for the covert role/weekends.

Unfortunately I can’t run an aftermarket comp like the PMM, so hopefully the macro’s comp and grip size are enough to bridge the gap into 19 performance.
    Here is one possible consideration. I can move from Open 2011 to 320 to 365 pretty easily. As the Glock points differently, I need to regularly shoot it, so that it points correctly for me. Since the 19 is my main EDC and field pistol, that investment if time is worth it to me. If you are a 320 person and not otherwise inclined to Glock, a 320/365 pair is probably easier.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to break that all down. Sounds like our 19 splits are similar, so the minimal loss in performance is good to hear. Thanks! I assume with the full size grip, reloads are pretty similar between the 19 and Macro?
    Reloads for me are actually faster on the macro as I have small hands and even with a Tango down extended release I have to adjust the g19 more.

I am not getting rid of my g19s but if anyone were to make offers for shadow system frames with all oem g19 everything else, I would listen lol

Here is one possible consideration. I can move from Open 2011 to 320 to 365 pretty easily. As the Glock points differently, I need to regularly shoot it, so that it points correctly for me. Since the 19 is my main EDC and field pistol, that investment if time is worth it to me. If you are a 320 person and not otherwise inclined to Glock, a 320/365 pair is probably easier.
    This is so true it took me a while to have the p365xl point correctly for me due to 20 years of g19

Totally agree. But instead of training differently for the Glock, I chose to cut the hump off with the “Gripfix” so they all point the same and it’s easier to move back and forth without any gun-specific training time.

Name:  E18AABFE-E777-464D-BF36-162F6E0F852B.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  4500E019-9E68-494C-B4EC-E2C26160D67E.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  39.4 KB

Which is the big driving factor to finding a replacement. I generally will not switch between various brands on a primary duty weapon without significant live/dry fire time. The only reason I’m still using the 19 is not having a comparable replacement option yet, and I use a chopped beavertail backstrap that makes the Glock and sig point much closer. That said, the differences in trigger press and manipulations still exist.

I generally carry a 19, sometimes a 19/26 hybrid. Whats always kept me from getting a 365/48/shield/etc. is the loss of performance from a 19 in terms of recoil control/shootability.

How does the X-macro with the comp/full size grip compare to a 19 sized gun performance wise? Has anyone put various drills on a timer to compare?

Any comparisons between the XL slide vs the X-macro slide?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1385898

After shooting the macro again I really like the balance of it. I ran the xl slide on the macro lower and do prefer the macro upper with the comp. If you can live with the loss of velocity I think the macro upper is the way to go. It does have less muzzle rise than the xl slide. I could tell by tracking the dot in recoil. I don’t have any data on splits with the slides but I like the macro upper enough that I don’t plan on trying out the xl slide much more.

Which is the big driving factor to finding a replacement. I generally will not switch between various brands on a primary duty weapon without significant live/dry fire time. The only reason I’m still using the 19 is not having a comparable replacement option yet, and I use a chopped beavertail backstrap that makes the Glock and sig point much closer. That said, the differences in trigger press and manipulations still exist.
    My wife has been wanting me to move to a p365xl (her carry too) for like 3 years. I kept resisting cause I was a g19 guy (still like them) but it took a horrid experience with the cr920 to move me to sig and I am glad I did

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1385898

After shooting the macro again I really like the balance of it. I ran the xl slide on the macro lower and do prefer the macro upper with the comp. If you can live with the loss of velocity I think the macro upper is the way to go. It does have less muzzle rise than the xl slide. I could tell by tracking the dot in recoil. I don’t have any data on splits with the slides but I like the macro upper enough that I don’t plan on trying out the xl slide much more.
    I really like my brother's macro too. My biggest concern is the velocity loss. I carry either 124 grain gold dot or hst or 147 grain hst

User Tag List